VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TICKET PRICE MADNESS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:45 am 

I have been to every Roxy / Ferry tour since 1974. But not this one... £65 a ticket plus booking fees??? ina recession? No wonder initial ticket sales are so poor with tickets still available 6 rows from front.
I'm afraid the performance on Jonathan Ross with the obvious tracks (VP & LITD) was the nail in the coffin. Bryan.... you ain't worth £144 inc booking fee for 2 tickets just to hear Virginia Plain, do the strand, stick together etc.
Now if you were to play a "non hit"s tour that would be different.

Post subject: Re: TICKET PRICE MADNESS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:20 am 
Site Owner

I haven't bought any at all, not sure if I will. I have seen Roxy in all these cities so many times.

They are very expensive and it is annoying the tours have got so many of the good ones and are selling at mad prices on EBAY. Something should have been set up for fans to get priority tickets.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:16 pm 

I don't think the prices are out of line with a lot of other artists. I imagine they see this as topping up thier pension funds! And poor Bry has 4 kids to support!!!

What annoys me more are the additional charges you have to pay for the privilege of buying the ticket in the first place. £8 just to buy the ticket is a b ig of a racket if you ask me. Mind you, I seem to recall that when I bought tickets for another Roxy show some years ago (it may have been the Hyde Park show that was later cancelled) the extra fees were about 1/3rd of the total costs. The ticket agencies must be making a packet, whilst often flogging off the best tickets for extortionate prices and leaving real fans in the cold. Or tickets touts who are in league with the box office staff get the best ones.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:00 pm 

I've very impressed that J O'B has voiced his disapproval. Sometimes loyalty and admiration can cloud our views. I find it sad that musicians, bands, football clubs, etc make the most of fans loyalty by milking us dry. I don't expect them to perform for free but when you include travel costs, ticket costs and a bit of food and drink (even the cheap stuff !) it's more than a day's wages for a lot of people. Same goes for so called collectors items, different releases, etc, I think I spent a small fortune on all the different variations that came out with ATGB and Frantic. I still do it because I can afford it at the moment but I know I'm being fleeced by someone ! Roll on bankruptcy !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:04 pm 

Did anyone hear about Take That reforming with Robbie Williams. Apparantly their tour is going to net them £75million ! The fans are overjoyed that Robbie is back, but I bet Take That are even more overjoyed ! We all know why !!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:05 pm 

The prices do seem a bit excessive, we would like to go but now I'm on zero hour contract/minimum wage and spinning the wife's redundancy pay out the tickets are beyond us I think especially with the Olympia box set/album whatever on top. Also the tickets prices seem to go up as the length of the shows come down.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:27 pm 
Site Owner

Ian S wrote:
I've very impressed that J O'B has voiced his disapproval. Sometimes loyalty and admiration can cloud our views.

I just wish something was in place so that loyal fans would be able to get the good seats instead of the touts and also with more notice too. The first official release of information on this tour from the band was a newsletter at 1:30PM on Friday, 4 and a half hours after they went on sale.

I got a phone call from a fan friend on Thursday morning to say they knew someone at one of the venues and they had tipped him off that Roxy were to play there. He asked me for conformation, I knew nothing about it. I spent the next 2 hours phoning about 20 venues in UK guessing where they might play. I gathered the information together and put it on here and that was how the information got out to the fans.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:18 pm 

I would love to go to the O2 but I cant afford the price of the ticket. The prices are ridiculous!

I am very suprised the touts have bought tickets, the venues will be nowhere near full and the touts will lose money from not being able to sell.

I am pleased Roxy are touring and would to see them again but not at those prices.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 am 

They are still selling 02 tickets for floor seating and the lower tier which must be very disappointing. There will be no publicity saying all the tickets went in half an hour or whatever like they do for many big artists who perform there. It would be a shame if the place was half empty on the night. I'm not sure that there has been much publicity however.

As someone who regularlychecks out Bowie sites, where there are people who are also Roxy fans, I've not seen any mention of this tour so suspect that a lot of people don't even know about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:04 pm 

Just to go back to what John mentioned about having something in place for loyal fans. Back in the 70's until the flesh and blood tour, the Roxy/Ferry fan club used to have the first few rows of venues reserved for fan club members and when Bowie was last touring, members of Bowienet had the same facility. Its a shame that Ferry/Roxy can't find it in themselves to arrange something for the benefit of fans, there is also the habit they have got into of drip feeding dates instead of issuing all the dates at once.The only venue missing from the 2001 tour and this one is Sheffield Arena, the nearest to me, so would I wait and see if Sheffield appears and miss out on probably Nottingham or go for that option? It seems much like the situation with sporting events where consideration for the true fan is last on the list of priorities.