VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Uncut's Ultimate Guide
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:07 pm 

Always hoped that Uncut would release one of these for Roxy so delighted to read that they finally are in a couple of days time.

https://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/introducin ... ide-108778

Should keep me reading for weeks!

Post subject: Re: Uncut's Ultimate Guide
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:00 pm 

Great news Dean - and long overdue!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:08 pm 

With models!?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:34 pm 

Thanks for the tip Dean!

This Looks very Good indeed.

Just ordered a few….

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 pm 

I bought a copy today and although pricey at £9 I think it's good value.

I've not really read it properly yet, but enjoyed the miscellany at the back of the mag.

I learnt the names of the three models on the cover of Flesh+Blood and found out about the tragic story of one of them - Aimee Stephenson.

Unfortunately the writer missed out the twins who appear at the back of the party scene on Manifesto. They are Sue & Jenny McLean and are named on the back cover but are easily missed in the photo. They are not featured on the picture disc where the mannequins are without their clothes - so no point in rushing to check that out!

I look forward to devouring it this weekend with an appropriate Roxy soundtrack and a selection of the solo LPs...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 pm 

I didn't know about Aimee Stephenson miniluv. The F&B cover has always been a favourite of mine and I'm saddened to hear of such a tragic loss of life.

More positively, like you I've been browsing the magazine and am pretty impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:36 pm 

In the Video/DVD section, not sure why The Thrill Of It All is shown as '2018', given it originally came out as two DVDs in '95 and was repackaged as a single disc in 2007(?). Is this set for (another) re-release?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 pm 

UKRichard wrote:
In the Video/DVD section, not sure why The Thrill Of It All is shown as '2018', given it originally came out as two DVDs in '95 and was repackaged as a single disc in 2007(?). Is this set for (another) re-release?

I assumed "2018" was a typo UKRichard? I never thought of a re-release The TTOIA 2DVD set was released for the first time in 2007 so maybe you are thinking of the TTOIA 4 audio CD Box Set released in 1995?

I have been dipping in and out of the magazine and it has a lot of content but I have most of the original articles that have been reprinted so it is strange for me to see them in magazine form with different photos rather than newsprint. I need time to get through the whole mag but a couple of things..........

They could have designed a better cover, I don't think they could have found a worse image of Bryan for the collage on the front. :|

The review of the For Your Pleasure album makes no reference at all to the track Beauty Queen?! :(

8-)

For anyone interested in the contents and a couple of links to buy online, they ship overseas.

https://nme.backstreetmerch.com/artist/ ... -ty9d3jg9U

https://www.newsstand.co.uk/195-Rock-Mu ... ption.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:23 pm 

Quite right Roxy - heaven knows why I thought it came out in 95 - apart from the CD box of the same name. I think I'm confused by the change - at some point in time - from a 2 disc DVD to a (much cheaper and attractice) 1 disc? Who knows? #SeniorMoment!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm 

Agree with so much of what you say Roxy. I picked this up today and have had a flick through but, whilst I'm glad to have it, I'm not chomping at the bit to read it as I really doubt that anything in it is going to revise my views on anything Roxy related, especially as I've read much of it before. The only thing that did grab my immediate attention was Allan Jones' fun story about the Gaucho outfit at the start of the Country Life tour. He wrote a similar piece in Uncut previously about the start of the Manifesto tour and is never anything less than entertaining in his telling of it.

Also agree about the cover. They used the same shot the only other time that Roxy appeared on Uncut's cover seven years ago but it really is an awful one and just proves how determined they were to use an Eno era photo. Surely there must have been a better one though.