VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Any more deluxe editions?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:26 pm 

I think we were told at the time that the deluxe edition of the first album came out that work had also been done on a similar project for FYP. Is there any further word on that John? Does its release depend upon RM1 having sold enough copies to make it financially viable? By all accounts the perfectionist Ferry approach to the (admittedly rather lovely) coffee table book that came with RM1 was a major factor in RM1 deluxe edition taking forever and a day from being mooted to actually being released. If he's going to adopt the same approach to FYP and (maybe) the rest of the canon we are going to have a very long wait. He's hardly likely to be browsing through archive photographs and artwork while he's on tour.

Post subject: Re: Any more deluxe editions?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:46 pm 

That's a good question, True2Life. FYP Deluxe was discussed even by Bryan. VRM should be possible, too.

There are Avalon session tapes with some good ideas (IMHO) on it. I don't know if there are any complete versions to put on a Deluxe record. I remember Phil talking about that.

Bryan is touring with a tight band successfully performing his back catalogue. But his voice is a shadow of its former self (to be honest). So I would prefer some Deluxe or extended records of RM/BF.

Post subject: Re: Any more deluxe editions?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:52 am 

In the same way perhaps as The Beatles, the various Roxy Music expanded editions and Super Deluxe Editions (of you--sorry, couldn't resist) need not take the exact same format. So, in the case of any particular LP, it may not necessarily require a lengthy booklet or two or three bonus discs of outtakes. It could be structured around the available material.