VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy reunion?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:47 pm 

Robertron wrote:
It may have very well been the last performance, but remember how heated the vibe was when the break after Siren took place?

So, to add even more confusion, here's an article from yesterday (ranking their albums). Scroll down to the first sentence under Avalon...

https://www.loudersound.com/features/ro ... CBV6cG7yWE

"upcoming new release"

Maybe this was written in 2005/6. Or ... there was a secret project going on during the winter period.

Somehow this would make sense. I doubt that Bryan can tour the whole world year after year at the age of almost 75 without any new material. Maybe a small Roxy tour (as implausible as it is) could give his career the last twist ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:20 pm 

Please dear J.O.B, please tell us the point of view. Are these all rumors that appear there all at once? I think you owe us something. That's why we read VRM every day ...
And if you say it's all nonsense, yes it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:36 pm 

pianoman wrote:
Robertron wrote:
It may have very well been the last performance, but remember how heated the vibe was when the break after Siren took place?

So, to add even more confusion, here's an article from yesterday (ranking their albums). Scroll down to the first sentence under Avalon...

https://www.loudersound.com/features/ro ... CBV6cG7yWE

"upcoming new release"

Maybe this was written in 2005/6. Or ... there was a secret project going on during the winter period.

Somehow this would make sense. I doubt that Bryan can tour the whole world year after year at the age of almost 75 without any new material. Maybe a small Roxy tour (as implausible as it is) could give his career the last twist ...

Bryan tours a Roxy Music tribute band.
As much as I think the world of him as an artist, he is the one that controls it all, and prevents much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:13 am 

Quote:
I think you owe us something

Hmmmm, given John does this site and maintains this forum at not inconsiderable personal expense, I'd say it was the other way round.
Even were the rumour (singular) true, which I doubt, he can't confirm or deny every bit of tittle rattle. He'd soon lose the considerable trust the band have in him. It's their job to confirm / deny / announce, no-one else's.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:31 am 

UKRichard: of course you are right. I was hoping to lure J.O.B out of the reserve. It was just a try.
What only surprises me is that nobody from the Roxy camp has so far rejected the rumor of a reunion as a fairy tale.
I can well imagine that Andy, Phil or Bryan have already been asked about this rumor. Of course, no response is an answer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:57 am 

Why doesn't Roxy actually do like ABBA: Record two songs in the studio again and clearly communicate that there won't be an entire album. It will be possible to bring two songs from the studio sessions 2005/2006 onto the market. That would be an exclamation mark. Maybe ABBA has a better management ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:34 pm 
Site Owner

UKRichard wrote:
Quote:
I think you owe us something

Hmmmm, given John does this site and maintains this forum at not inconsiderable personal expense, I'd say it was the other way round.
Even were the rumour (singular) true, which I doubt, he can't confirm or deny every bit of tittle rattle. He'd soon lose the considerable trust the band have in him. It's their job to confirm / deny / announce, no-one else's.

As Richard correctly points out, this site is created, administered and financed by a fan for fans and is independant from the band and its members.

With that said i do have other roles for the band members that i am asked to do from time to time and that is a seperate thing all together.

They are obviously completely aware of the site and support the site by way of information at times. This information can at times come with an embargo until an agreed time and that is something I have to respect.

One thing I will always say is that I never withhold information of interest to the fans that I can make public. I make information public when the agreed time comes or if I see information online from other sources.

Another point I will make is that I am not privvy to all prospective plans of the band and its members and some information is as much a surprise to me as it is to anyone here when it is seen elswhere.

I will sum up the above with the following

I don't publish or confirm information for one of two reasons:

(1) I have an embargo on that information and will not break that trust
(2) I simply don't know or haven't been told

The reverse of that is:
I publish only what I know and what I can, as soon as I can.....not a second less.

Regards
J.O'B.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:17 pm 

Dear J.O`B. ,

thank you for your words. I will treat it with respect.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:48 am 

I personally would have loved a reunion-tour.
Especially if Eddie Jobson were given the chance to rejoin Roxy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:47 pm 

This Week, Jorja Chalmers plubished a photo on her Stories on facebook (she accepted me as a friend last year). This picture lasted some hours, not more and showed a wooden box with the name ROXY written in black.
Perhaps a coincidence, perhaps not….

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next