VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: TGPT
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:16 am 

Lindisfarne has 18 gigs lined up starting next month and running through Xmas. I guess the time had come for contracts to be signed and, for some reason, TGPT is not to be a part of it.

TGPT is always very diplomatic when discussing any type of "band business," but after weathering through the Covid Crisis (and prolonged lack of live music events) it is interesting that now his relationship with Lindisfarne has come to an end. Hmmm...

He reports that he has no plans, but if for some reason BF wanted him to play in a future version of his touring band, he wouldn't be encumbered by a Lindisfarne contract/commitment. Maybe not a likely possibility, but it is a possibility...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:49 pm 

I spoke to Paul at the weekend and rest assured he's well.

Smudge is correct in that he did have arthritis in his neck that prevented him playing at the RnR HoF at the beginning of 2019, but that is much, much better now.

I didn't ask further re the Lindisfarne question, as I didn't think it was my place.

I notice Ferry was back on the corporate circuit at Paris Fashion Week, minus Luke Bullen. If it comes down to availability ...?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:03 pm 

bobby moncur wrote:

I notice Ferry was back on the corporate circuit at Paris Fashion Week, minus Luke Bullen. If it comes down to availability ...?

Cher Bobby,
Were Windswept’s eyes deceiving him or was he also minus Neil Jason, Chris Spedding and Marina Moore ?
W2 thinks peut- etre these corporate gigs are fake fandangos that rely on taped music ?
Salutations,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:55 am 

Drummer Nathan Curran AKA "Tugg" performed the corporate gig with the BF band and here he talks about also working with Bryan Ferry in the studio .

https://youtu.be/-OAMzNtYr9w?t=404

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:48 pm 

Thanks Roxy. From this clip it appears quite clear that BF spent the Covid Era working in the studio on a variety of material. Who knows when/if we'll ever hear it... But he kept active!!!

Also, it appears that Tugg will likely be the drummer in the BF band when it can start playing real gigs again. Maybe Luke B will reappear but it seems unlikely given that Tugg seems to be BF's go-to drummer as the post Covid Era unfolds

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:50 pm 

Quote:
...BF spent the Covid Era working in the studio on a variety of material.

It's good to hear BF has turned this time into something (hopefully) productive. Time was, recording was an obstacle to touring, whilst the reverse has been true for a long time now. The absence of live work has, perhaps, focused the artistic mind. If so, and as material 'in the can' has diminished markedly, it'll be very interesting to see just what this enforced solitude has yielded.