VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music 50th Anniversary Tour Announced
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:15 am 

Tickets purchased for Glasgow. Block 005. Not too far from the front without having to pay ridiculous amounts. Quite happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:17 am 

Oh for the simpler times when fans were equal and the thrill of a great seat was sheer good luck. Elevating some above others based on the size of their bank balance is frankly the sort of crap I imagine most people like to escape from for a couple of hours of live music. Not any more. Pretty disgusting.

Totally agree UK Richard ! £700+ for a front row seat !!! Ridiculous in these current climes with fuel and energy prices through the roof. I am a music teacher and performer and yes times have been very hard for the industry ( and me ) through the pandemic but really ..... I have had to settle for tickets somewhere up in the gods as that is all I can afford. Its a bit sad for us dedicated fans who have followed the group since 1972. Incidentally the VIP front row tickets have been sold out , so someone has some money !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:29 am 

Got tickets for Glasgow in block 5, which is centre stage,10th row from the front so not too bad. The price I paid though would have normally been a front row ticket for a Ferry solo gig.

Still scratching my head though at the organisers who sat and came up with that front row VIP package!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:37 am 

As was the case last week with another artist's O2 pre-sale the Gigs and Tours selection was less than impressive so I ended up getting a London ticket through O2 Priority which was marginally better. So I'm delighted to be seeing them again. That front row VIP package though - seriously? You're having a laugh. If I remember correctly the stage height at the O2 in 2011 meant that there were a number of people seated near to the front who couldn't see Bryan when he was seated at the keyboard, so sometimes nearest isn't always best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:53 am 

O2, block B1, row G, seats 1-4...that'll do nicely!

NEVER thought I'd see them again EVER.

I am beyond excited....VIVA! ROXY MUSIC :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:00 am 

prairie rose wrote:
Oh for the simpler times when fans were equal and the thrill of a great seat was sheer good luck. Elevating some above others based on the size of their bank balance is frankly the sort of crap I imagine most people like to escape from for a couple of hours of live music. Not any more. Pretty disgusting.

Oh for simpler times when a postal order to Roxy Music Club headquarters on the Wirral ensured first three row seats for less than a fiver!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:35 am 

Stabbs MacKenzie wrote:
prairie rose wrote:

Oh for simpler times when a postal order to Roxy Music Club headquarters on the Wirral ensured first three row seats for less than a fiver!!!

Those were the days

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:44 am 

wockawocka wrote:

Who do you all speculate will be the cast of characters Ferry will bring together as the support band for this?

Colin Good back as "band leader" and keys?
Chris Spedding on rhythm guitar?
Jorja Chalmers as secondary sax and synth?
Fonzi Thornton on backing vocals?

As others have mentioned, I'm surprised by the choice of venues. Roxy Music's 2001 reunion tour in Los Angeles was at the Greek Theater for 2 nights [capacity 5,900]. Their 2022 venue is the Forum capacity 17,500. Even for a city the size of Los Angeles that's ambitious for a 50-year-old nostalgia act.

Fellow Fandongoists,

Only one singer and one band could drag W2 kicking and screaming to that desolate ‘Wasteland’ that is London’s thoroughly awful and soulless O2 and that is ‘The Thrill Of It All’ that is Roxy.

One things for sure, as the great wockawocka highlights, our heroes will need a phenomenal support band to perform in this overblown aircraft hanger. W2 just prays to ‘The Penshaw Gods’ that all will go well.

Anyway this fandango will complete the circle.

Windswept’s first ‘Roxy’ fandango was on 4th June 1972 and looks forward to celebrating 50 years of incredible art.

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:38 pm 

wockawocka wrote:
It's interesting how many of the articles I've read on this reunion focuses on Brian Eno's presumed absence. By tenure alone, Eddie Jobson is the bigger omission, but I understand Eno brings the clicks.

Who do you all speculate will be the cast of characters Ferry will bring together as the support band for this?

Colin Good back as "band leader" and keys?
Chris Spedding on rhythm guitar?
Jorja Chalmers as secondary sax and synth?
Fonzi Thornton on backing vocals?

As others have mentioned, I'm surprised by the choice of venues. Roxy Music's 2001 reunion tour in Los Angeles was at the Greek Theater for 2 nights [capacity 5,900]. Their 2022 venue is the Forum capacity 17,500. Even for a city the size of Los Angeles that's ambitious for a 50-year-old nostalgia act.

I'm sure the band will be the same as the Hall if Fame gig but with TGPT in situ. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the violin players on stage too

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:40 pm 

Stabbs MacKenzie wrote:
O2, block B1, row G, seats 1-4...that'll do nicely!

NEVER thought I'd see them again EVER.

I am beyond excited....VIVA! ROXY MUSIC :D

Fabulous - I'm A2 H 18

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next