VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music 50th Anniversary Tour Announced
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:21 pm 

Scott wrote:
Packgae includes One Front Row Ticket A DELUXE Roxy Music Limited edition (only available in touring VIP packages) special merchandise collection designed and sourced by Roxy Music A collectible (numbered) NFT containing the tour poster An item personally autographed by Roxy Music A commemorative laminate and lanyard Note: There is no meet and greet associated with this package or any activity at the venue. The merchandise which will be mailed and the NFT which will be emailed. If you have questions about your front row package please contact roxymusicvip@gmail.com

Not to get political but NFTs...seriously?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:28 pm 

wockawocka wrote:
Scott wrote:
Packgae includes One Front Row Ticket A DELUXE Roxy Music Limited edition (only available in touring VIP packages) special merchandise collection designed and sourced by Roxy Music A collectible (numbered) NFT containing the tour poster An item personally autographed by Roxy Music A commemorative laminate and lanyard Note: There is no meet and greet associated with this package or any activity at the venue. The merchandise which will be mailed and the NFT which will be emailed. If you have questions about your front row package please contact roxymusicvip@gmail.com

I have to be honest - I have no idea what an NFT is??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:37 pm 

Scott wrote:
wockawocka wrote:
Scott wrote:

I have to be honest - I have no idea what an NFT is??

I barely understand the "what?" and will never understand the "why?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:54 pm 

Tickets purchased for NYC show!!!

Now we can continue speculation on:
Set List
Accompanying Musicians
Merch
Future SDE (Super Deluxe Editions of You).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:21 pm 

Hopefully the SDE of For Your Pleasure gets released before the tour - would make sense and give the opportunity to generate more sales by selling at the tour.
I know the tour is to celebrate the 50th anniversary but it makes some sense to have a release to go along with it.
If the FYP set isn’t ready then I could see some form of another Greatest Hits package for the tour.

Not sure if there would be anything solo wise but it would be good if Bryan released this new EP in some sort of physical format (vinyl) - even if it was just a limited run for online store and tour selling.

This would be a good opportunity for Roxy to release a DVD/CD of the 2011 tour that never materialised - much like when Bryan released his 2015 live album it could just be sold online and on tour.

There will be the usual stuff as well such as programme, T-shirts, hoodies etc. Would be good to have some new artwork printa as well that would look good framed.

Overall I’m not too keen on the graphics that have been used to promote the tour - hopefully there’s some alternatives so that all the merch isn’t just based on those graphics.

It would be good if the band done some new promo shots as well and a little bit of a publicity tour over the summer to promote it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:34 pm 

I scored tickets for Boston and New York. I guess they will be able to fill Madison Square Garden, but I have doubts about the size of the venue for Boston; I just don't think that they are an arena act in New England. There are plenty of decent 2-3000 seat theaters that would have been better venues...

But...

I GET TO SEE ROXY AGAIN!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:50 am 

Interesting to see if there are any public comments on the forthcoming tour by any of the core Roxy members. As yet we have online tour announcements by the promoters but silence from the Roxy members themselves - not even a quote, a far cry from 2001 when we had a press conference. Hopefully at least Bryan, Phil and Andy will have something to say about it between now and the autumn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:19 am 

True2Life wrote:
Interesting to see if there are any public comments on the forthcoming tour by any of the core Roxy members. As yet we have online tour announcements by the promoters but silence from the Roxy members themselves - not even a quote……...

Cher True2Life,
There is always the possibility that Bryan hasn’t notified the others !
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:18 am 

Phil knows:

https://manzanera.com/new/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:07 pm 

Why , I wonder, is this tour so heavily focused on North America, with just 3 gigs in the UK? None in Europe, a Roxy heartland.
America never really took to RM, nor to Sir Bryan, so it seems like a stretch to fill all those auditoriums.
Puzzzled.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next