VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 2022 Set list
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:57 pm 

jeanjean wrote:
What about à new song? :D

Maybe not a new song, but a new instrumental. There must be the odd track they were working on in the aborted recording sessions that they could finish. If not would be easy enough for them to record one 'original' track good enough between them. Would be nice change from hearing 'Tara'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:06 am 

If they are ever going to doing anything with any of the tracks recorded back in 2005/06 this would be the time. Who knows if it's a possibility? One thing for sure, it would be a way to generate some publicity/buzz for the new tour...

The absence of AIW from any Roxy or BF playlists from the past 40 years does seem a bit strange, so maybe this is the year. Who knows? But maybe it won't work with BF's mature voice.

I have also wondered why Serenade has never gotten any attention in recent years. It would be a great song to highlight the skills of TGPT and provide something fresh to the set list.

One thing I hope they don't play is Casanova. It is the one song on BF's 2020 RAH live album that bores me...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:32 am 

It is quite possible that they will play a new song... maybe more?
I remember PM's interview where he said he was on 12 of Bryan's songs. Maybe they are converting the material into a Roxy album right now?

It is suspicious that no one has officially commented on the tour. Maybe nobody wants to say something wrong at the moment, raise expectations that maybe can't be fulfilled after all... it's suspiciously quiet anyway.

There must be a reason why they perform in bigger arenas than on the FYP tour in 2011. Because they haven't gotten any younger, and neither has the audience.

We will see - and hear.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:18 pm 

Mes amis!

All in all I think the set list will be standard in order to please the broad audience. Virginia Plain would be fine as an opener - so we are over and done with the most tedious song RM ever recorded. Personally, I like Jealous guy as a finish. If I could make a wish, I would have choosen Running wild (instead of Ladytron or Editions of you.)
Most important, though, are the musicians. Let's hope that Colin Good will join the band. If so, they simply have to play A song for Europe. They can't do without Jorja Chalmers and it shouldn't surprise me if both Lucy Wilkins and Marina Moore will be on stage. Chris Spedding is a must. And dancers!
Bonne soirée à tous!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:53 pm 

Since it is an arena tour, they will most likely play a greatest hits show (which is a repeat of the 2001 and 2003 shows). Like many here, I wait for the official dvd/blu-ray of the 2011 tour. Mainly for the obscurities (Sentimental Fool, Same Old Scene, 2HB, etc.).

Having said that, they may pull the odd surprise or two, given that some of those "obscure" songs were dusted off in 2011.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they played Prairie Rose at the upcoming Texas shows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:35 am 

Opener: Manifesto still does it for me.

Wish: All I Want Is You and/or Serenade.

Must haves: Do The Strand, Mother of Pearl, Out of the Blue, Virginia Plain, Song For Europe and Tara.

Closer: Sunset (but pretty sure it will be the choreographed FYP)

Don't want to hear: Jealous Guy (ever again as long as I live!)