VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Set list
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:29 pm 

I hope for your sake W2 that something is done to shake up the set list, but the US tour didn't change at all except for some minor reordering of a few songs and then dropping two songs for the final two shows.

Maybe things will be different in the UK, but I'd be surprised if very much changed. If they didn't want to play MOP, or ASFE, or PR, or Manifesto during the ten show US tour, I'm not sure why they would make the effort and add any of them for the three UK shows. Perhaps they'll resuscitate VP - after all it was their introduction to a mass audience in Britain - but the chance they'll pull out AIW (despite selling t-shirts with the lyrics) - seems rather slim.

They appear to be on "cruise control" with the existing set list (and audiovisual stream) and it may well be that they'll continue "pacing" themselves and stick to 18 songs. Or maybe they'll add VP as number 19...

In terms of fashion W2, perhaps something simple and stark - like an eye patch as featured in the LITD video... But avoid the pencil thin mustache - that would be too much...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:45 am 

Uwe wrote:
I would like to share my honest opinion of Roxy Music / Bryan here after the last gig at the O2 Arena.

I'm not doing that at this point, it wouldn't be fair either...
I wholeheartedly wish them the best of luck for the last three shows.

Looking forward to it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:03 pm 

Windswept2 wrote:
Par ailleurs W2 has been considering sartorial choices for the dreadful O2. Hazmat suits have sold out - have learned Roxologists got any ideas ?

Although I cannot be there and see him I suggest dinner jacket and bow tie in the style of the ATAP cover - one last time ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:12 pm 

Richard wrote:
Uwe wrote:
I would like to share my honest opinion of Roxy Music / Bryan here after the last gig at the O2 Arena.

Looking forward to it

Dear Richard,

I'm really proud to be able to see Roxy in the O2 Arena for the last time. Otherwise I would not start the journey from Germany. I think I owe them that too. Out of old solidarity, but also gratitude, this is a matter of course for me.

But I'm less happy. I will comment on this in detail later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:45 pm 

Uwe wrote:
Richard wrote:
Uwe wrote:

Looking forward to it

Dear Richard,

I'm really proud to be able to see Roxy in the O2 Arena for the last time. Otherwise I would not start the journey from Germany. I think I owe them that too. Out of old solidarity, but also gratitude, this is a matter of course for me.

But I'm less happy. I will comment on this in detail later.

I'll be at O2 as well - should be a good one

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:09 pm 

Virginia Plain was played at Glasgow tonight and Jealous Guy was back. The camaraderie of the 2001 shows was back as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:17 pm 

Setlist.fm reports that other than VP there was nothing different from the tunes played in US. JG did reappear...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:07 am 

I was one of the ones that was sceptical of the set list and hoping for a shake up in the UK leg but having just witnessed the Glasgow show I loved it - and it just worked!

Yes the set list was much of the ‘same old’ and yes it was comfortable but I think it had to be. This was a 50th anniversary celebration, and maybe even a farewell, and being there tonight it just felt right. It didn’t feel the occasion for experimenting with rarely played or never played live before songs. It was just a fluent set list that showcased each member of the band. It also played to many of the audience members who were there to witness some of their musical memories and weren’t as hardcore as the likes of us on this forum.

Really had a great time tonight and looking forward to the final two shows. The Hydro isn’t my favourite music venue but again it just seemed it was right given the occasion.

I think 2011 was Roxy giving us that eccentric set list we wanted - this was more about them being able to go out on stage and celebrate 50 years of great music.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:43 am 

Scott wrote:
I was one of the ones that was sceptical of the set list and hoping for a shake up in the UK leg but having just witnessed the Glasgow show I loved it - and it just worked!

Yes the set list was much of the ‘same old’ and yes it was comfortable but I think it had to be. This was a 50th anniversary celebration, and maybe even a farewell, and being there tonight it just felt right. It didn’t feel the occasion for experimenting with rarely played or never played live before songs. It was just a fluent set list that showcased each member of the band. It also played to many of the audience members who were there to witness some of their musical memories and weren’t as hardcore as the likes of us on this forum.

Really had a great time tonight and looking forward to the final two shows. The Hydro isn’t my favourite music venue but again it just seemed it was right given the occasion.

I think 2011 was Roxy giving us that eccentric set list we wanted - this was more about them being able to go out on stage and celebrate 50 years of great music.

Mes Amis,
Astute observations from TGS (The Great Scott). W2 is delighted he enjoyed it.
Ironically if Friday is the last ever show it will close a 50 year circle for Windswept but will open it for his eldest son as this is his first ever Roxy gig - albeit he has seen Ferry before.
For him, particularly now ‘VP’ is back, this could prove to be the perfect selection of chansons.
That said, W2 will be sad if we all fandango off into the ‘Sunset’ without having turned the lights down low. After all, ‘MOP’ is our hero’s favourite and greatest Roxy creation.
W2 will try The Penshaw Gods one last time in the hope that the band will stretch out for it. Albeit, he fears our hero may have given his answer in the Telegraph article posted by ukrichard, when he said he seldom performs it these days because it feels like a whole concert in one song.
Sadly, on the sartorial front, Friday still remains an issue. DCJ’s eye patch idea was a good one but W2 couldn’t get the belt closed on his GI outfit. Something that is de rigour for that look.
And as for The Pianoman’s suggestion of a white tux - for the RHA it would be perfect - for the O2 a bin liner would be more appropriate!
Windswept is just hoping those hazmat suits come back into stock in time.
En tout cas, une fois de plus et peut-etre pour le dernier fois, nous aurons ‘A Very Good Time’ Vendredi prochain.
Bon fandango a tous,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:05 pm 

According to setlist.fm the set list at Manchester was the same as Glasgow.

I see no reason to think it will be different in London...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6