VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Roxy Music Mirror.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:38 pm 

One has appeared on E-bay. I think i'm right in saying that this is the first one to appear, complete with timber frame, on e-bay since the end of the tour. Should be interesting to see what it fetches in relation to the signed poster "sale" that has been rife there since the end of the tour.

Post subject: Re: Roxy Music Mirror.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:04 am 

Actually I think there have been about three since the turn of the year, all of which required personal collection. They were all in the south-east: Willesden (London), Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire) & Maidstone (Kent).

They sported a variety of frames, as far as I can recall: one brown wood, one black and one silver, I think. As far as I can remember the first raised £60 or £70 and the others dropped about £10 in price each time (i.e. the last one was about £40 or £50).

Thought about bidding, but Mrs Smudge would probably have shot me, having tolerated the framing of both the signed tour poster and the fully autographed FYP sleeve!

I did buy a FYP wristwatch on eBay (from Scotland, of course, which seems to be populated entirely by Roxy diehards!) for just over a tenner. Can't complain at the value for money at that price; they're still listed if you search under "Roxy Music watch"...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:25 pm 

[quote="Smudge"]
I did buy a FYP wristwatch on eBay (from Scotland, of course, which seems to be populated entirely by Roxy diehards!) quote]

Smudge, If you ever did think about cashing in on those outrageous property prices in the the south then you would be very welcome to come and join us. I am sure that you would find yourself very much at home because there can't be many bigger fans than you out there.

The conventional wisdom at the time was that the greyer the environment, the more that Roxy appealed to the natives because their glitz and glamour offered an escape from the daily grind. While much of the West of Scotland was certainly pretty bleak in the early 70s, I don't buy this theory. If it was true then why isn't there a bigger bloc of Roxy fans in Wales?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:50 pm 

Smudge wrote:
I did buy a FYP wristwatch on eBay (from Scotland, of course, which seems to be populated entirely by Roxy diehards!) ...

Smudge, If you ever did think about cashing in on those outrageous property prices in the the south then you would be very welcome to come and join us. I am sure that you would find yourself very much at home because there can't be many bigger fans than you out there.

The conventional wisdom at the time was that the greyer the environment, the more that Roxy appealed to the natives because their glitz and glamour offered an escape from the daily grind. While much of the West of Scotland was certainly pretty bleak in the early 70s, I don't buy this theory. If it was true then why isn't there a bigger bloc of Roxy fans in Wales?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:01 pm 

It's good to know I'd be welcome somewhere, Avondale! Might have to bear it in mind if Mrs Smudge's tolerance of my lifestyle (which, I suspect, few married guys would get away with) ever reaches breaking point! :D

Mind you, Scotland might make the commute tricky to my other regular haunts: Ronnie Scott's jazz club and Tottenham Hotspur Football Club (and, yes, I know that probably sounds like a good case for therapy!)...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:54 pm 

Unsurprisingly, there were no bidders at £60 for the eBayed FYP mirror which required a repaired or replacement frame and personal collection by the buyer...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 am 

I haven't tried to purchase an item in e-bay but i tried in dhgate. it is a very good site too. Your money is very safe..

Hindi Song Lyrics