VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ain`t it the same posters contributing again and again?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:24 pm 

I needn`t mention names, and I haven`t the numbers of all those just looking, but there appearantly are some regulars and some just watching. What if you stepped down from your peanut gallery and came up with your naive opinion? Let`s have a look at it!

Post subject: Re: Ain`t it the same posters contributing again and again?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:43 am 

I'll take a dive, not sure what you mean le freak, can you clarify?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:00 am 

There`s a clear distinction between those who just browse this site quite regularily and those who "deliver", which means "posting". Getting replies from the same people over and over again can be quite inane. A couple of women posted here from time to time a couple of years ago, but stopped, for some reason. Further attempts at explanations of "what I mean" will only put me in embarrassment, lost for words. The snappines is part of the message. It`s an onion!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:34 am 

I think Le Freak means "don't just lurk and join in"?

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:58 pm 

Roxy, I think we got that straight...there's lurkers everywhere, maybe they're shy, or have nothing to say but come here to just read stuff on RM et al, who cares?

at least there are regular posters, like the regulars in a bar. can you imagine if you went to that bar and the regulars weren't there? It wouldn't be the same.

sure, it'd be nice for some fresh flesh & blood to spill their thoughts here. sure I post alot, so what? I've got lots to say and find stuff for this site, which John has done a great job with!

Hats off to John! hip hip, hooray! (3X) Let's have another beer!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:45 pm 

I can see, to an extent, where Le-freak get's his argument from.

If we go back to say, Paul's forum circa, the 2001 re-union. His forum was positively hyper, due probably to the anticipation and and excitement of it all at the time. Since then, we have all grown older and perhap's less excitable, or as enthusiastic, if you like, about the subject. Time is at more of a premium now, not as available as it once was, with children, grand children and in my case parents needing attention, which was not always the case.

There is also the Facebook factor to be taken into account. I think most of the regular posters here are also on F/B along with many previous and present band members.

I get the impression though, that judging by the amount of "views" of each, or any particular post, there is still a large audience out there more than interested in the subject matter.

Maybe certain folks would rather pass by, with great interest, rather than "chip in".

You make an appropriate point though. None the less, I hardly think this site is in need of numbers.

Cheers and best wishes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:25 pm 

It could be as simple as certain people have the same aversion/phobia about posting on a public forum as they do, say, speaking in public. They may feel intimidated by those who have a more extensive knowledge of the band or feel they don't know enough to make an interesting or worthwhile post. Kind of "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" mentality. However they enjoy the site is fine, if it's they want to post or just read and not contribute.