All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Book Rights
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:27 am 

:D :lol: :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:47 pm 

Topiary wrote:
Bryan Ferry : Journey of the pit ponies to studio 54

I imagined a Richard Hamilton collage of Roxy album covers, studio 54 and Bryan rather than Bianca astride a pit pony wearing a disco ball pit helmet.

I find autobiographies formulaic and with the Internet and Wikipedia they don't give much more. Bryan is not likely to 'kiss and tell' so it could also be rather dull.

He is well read though with a keen interest on art, fashion and music. The 'essay' type book on these themes interwined with own tales could be fascinating.

Well, I'll take the job - cheap too! ;)
roxymusicsongs.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:53 pm 

roxymusicsongs wrote:
Topiary wrote:
Bryan Ferry : Journey of the pit ponies to studio 54

I imagined a Richard Hamilton collage of Roxy album covers, studio 54 and Bryan rather than Bianca astride a pit pony wearing a disco ball pit helmet.

I find autobiographies formulaic and with the Internet and Wikipedia they don't give much more. Bryan is not likely to 'kiss and tell' so it could also be rather dull.

He is well read though with a keen interest on art, fashion and music. The 'essay' type book on these themes interwined with own tales could be fascinating.

Well, I'll take the job - cheap too! ;)
roxymusicsongs.com

Cher Roxymusicsongs.com,
W2 thought already had you pinned as the mystery ghost writer ensconced in Ferry’s cottage.
Much is made of the ‘kiss and tell’ aspect of these things and although a publisher’s advance may be contingent on an undertaking not to avoid contentious topics, I’m sure it is possible to be complete without being gratuitous.
After all, the opportunity here is to share the life experiences of one of our greatest living artists.
Let’s hope he’s hard at work on it.
Salutations,
Windswept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 am 

A couple of years back - I had a conversation with some art teacher chums at at an education conference and they told me that a pupil from Kirkintilloch high school who had been a big success in Graphic Design at Glasgow School of Art had just been for a meal with Mr Ferry and his son ( not sure which one ) - they had dined at Glasgow's top restaurant 'The Ubiquitous Chip'. The reason for this meal was to discuss a book project - lay out.. etc . So there was (is) a project on the go - As far as I can remember it was more about visuals and art work..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:03 pm 

Gardner wrote:
".........So there was (is) a project on the go - As far as I can remember it was more about visuals and art work.."

Hipsters,

Le Jardinier remembers well albeit W2 thinks the project was the mooted 'Coffee Table Tome' which itself would be a great idea.

With regard to biography the only pure entry thus far is the long, out of print, 'The Bryan Ferry Story' by Rex Balfour (a pseudonym for Simon Puxley) which told 'The Taste Tarantula's' tale up to 1976.

As is W2's want, he recently had a dive back into it only to discover that his copy is signed by our hero ! Interesting because he has absolutely no memory of where he got the book and how it came to be signed!

That said, it's not a bad little ditty , Puxley wrote well and Ferry's style and music are front and centre of the short opus. It is also quite well illustrated. It can only be considered a start to telling the tale but one can't help but think that had the good Doctor lived, we would have got the whole enchilada quicker.

One can only wonder as to the identity of the ghost writer imprisoned in Ferry's visitors cottage. Windswept just hopes it isn't Mr. Bracewell. He has nothing against him per-se but Re-make/Re-model was as dry as sticks.

Shame we haven't got the finished article to read during our self-isolation !

Salutations a tous and Ferry on. We will shortly be back flying down to Rio.

Windswept

Last edited by Windswept2 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:11 pm 

For W2: don’t lose sleep over your failed memory of the signing act of TBFS: it’s a pre printed sig that is on the inside page. Also, thank you for your numerous witty and highly amusing posts, you do make me smile.. a lot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:34 am 

Windswept wrote: "Salutations a tous and Ferry on. We will shortly be back flying down to Rio."
Merci pour les salutations, M. Windswept. Take care of yourself and stay healthy during these difficult times - you and everybody here in this forum! And when the storm is over we really will be flying back to Rio. Viva! Roxy Music 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:21 am 

The Pale Moon wrote:
For W2: don’t lose sleep over your failed memory of the signing act of TBFS: it’s a pre printed sig that is on the inside page. Also, thank you for your numerous witty and highly amusing posts, you do make me smile.. a lot

Cher Pale Moon,

If you were close by, W2 would kiss you or shake your hand (gender dependant). Windswept thought he was loosing his mind over this !

Le Plus Grand Merci !

W2