VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Babylon Berlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:03 pm 

Finally we can watch the Babylon Berlin tv-series, starting on 30. september. Looking forward to more strange versions of Roxy/Ferry.

Post subject: Re: Babylon Berlin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:08 pm 

I've now watched all 8 episodes of Babylon Berlin. It's amazing how extremely well the reworked Roxy-songs fit the "zeitgeist" of Berlin in the 30's. Wow! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:08 pm 

doc wrote:
I've now watched all 8 episodes of Babylon Berlin. It's amazing how extremely well the reworked Roxy-songs fit the "zeitgeist" of Berlin in the 30's. Wow! :)

That's what I thought, too, doc. I've watched the first 8 episodes of Babylon Berlin on German TV and especially the Bitter Sweet jazz remake with its verse in German fits absolutely perfect! I am looking forward to episode 10 where Bryan is said to be appearing on the Moka Efti stage 8-) .

Anything new about Bryan's soundtrack album which should be released in November, John?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:29 am 

pianoman wrote
Anything new about Bryan's soundtrack album which should be released in November, John ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's wait and see what happens ... Bryan also wanted to make new recordings with Eno, and that will certainly be exciting. Maybe he manages to bring Roxy Music together for a final album again, it could not be ruled out ....

Well all know that they produced 16 or 17 songs some years before.
Phil said that some of them sounds fantastic ...

Who would have thought that Abba would once again find their way to the studio together? They have developed so much joy in the production of new songs that a new album in 2019 can not be ruled out. Here is a statement from Björn Ulvaues:

Alvaeus spoke with the "Evening Standard" about upcoming material - her first new since 35 years. "The work could lead to an album, probably." "Or four songs or something - that's probably true," the guitarist continued

Maybe that's a good sign for Roxy to present one last album to their fans. Who knows ?