VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Bryan Ferry Album
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:04 pm 
Site Owner

If you are thinking the cover art looks familiar.......

http://vivaroxymusic.com/singles_310.php

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:28 am 

Do we think that there will be some UK dates announced for next year to promote the new album?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:47 am 

Scott wrote:
Do we think that there will be some UK dates announced for next year to promote the new album?

Hipsters,
The great Scott poses the big question mais qui sait quoi ?
Windswept’s dream would be a ‘Bitter Sweet’ tour with a similar format to 2013’s AEWBF.
Touring with TBFO and his rock band just gives rise to so many possibilities - fingers crossed.
Salutations a tour,
W2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:37 pm 

Excellent set list. I’m glad there’ll be some vocals so it’s not an instrumental covers album of great ferry songs.

Thanks john for the update.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:42 pm 

Windswept2 wrote:
Hedonistic Hipsters,
Windswept’s dream has come true.
Our hero has reassembled those Jazz Heads to give us this smorgasbord of delicacies.
Fantastic news !
Now for the next step - The Bittersweet Tour peut etre ?
Salutations,
Windswept

Dear WS2
I’m not sure I’m as enthusiastic as you about another CG tour :)
But, after the missed chance in Amsterdam (& elsewhere ) converting his material into orchestra backed stuff (aside from main thing, windswept and bitter sweet)...I'd rather have a fully reworked string backed, stripped down set list for a tour. given this -welcome -release...I guess that won't happen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:51 pm 

Of course the cover art pre-dates even Mamouna - I think it was used promotionally in 1977? Does Bryan have a shoe box of old photos in a wardrobe that he's rummaged around in for just about every album released this century? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:55 pm 

Ay up ducks, ow at, owe rate?

Studebaker is gobsmacked by this news, HE "can't write lyrics" anymore, but can spend months reworking and re-recording his old stuff?

The rest of Roxy must be shaking their heads in disbelief!

How many of you will also ignore this as we did 'Jazz age'?

Money for old rope eh mar mates?

Trar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:37 pm 

I liked (and still like) BF's original Jazz Age cd that featured all instrumental tracks. But I must admit I'm less than enamored with Jazz Age renditions that include the vocals. Sigh. His voice is just too "mature" for me to fully enjoy... But I'll probably buy the new cd anyway just to see if I might like it overall.

The photo gracing the cover of BB is rather harrowing and brings to mind some image taken of a hapless 1930s victim arrested by the Gestapo or the Soviet NKVD. And that is actually a good thing because the world of Berlin Babylon is something we should view with a discerning sense of how this society existed on the cusp of a tragic descent into totalitarianism. A Sad Affair indeed...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pm 

Yes BF tunes embellished by very talented musicians.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:44 am 

DCJ wrote:
I liked (and still like) BF's original Jazz Age cd that featured all instrumental tracks. But I must admit I'm less than enamored with Jazz Age renditions that include the vocals. Sigh. His voice is just too "mature" for me to fully enjoy... But I'll probably buy the new cd anyway just to see if I might like it overall.

The photo gracing the cover of BB is rather harrowing and brings to mind some image taken of a hapless 1930s victim arrested by the Gestapo or the Soviet NKVD. And that is actually a good thing because the world of Berlin Babylon is something we should view with a discerning sense of how this society existed on the cusp of a tragic descent into totalitarianism. A Sad Affair indeed...

Mes Amis,

Our American correspondent makes an interesting point.
W2 loves ‘The Jazz Age’ instrumentals and plays them often but like DCJ finds the vocals laid down at that time not his finest.
That said, recent shows have seen a strengthening of his voice - perhaps our hero has discovered ways of protecting and optimising it.

DJC’s remarks about the artwork are spot on. It captures the zeitgeist of ‘Babylon Berlin’ perfectly.

Looking forward to the release.

Salutations a tous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next