VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry 2019 Tour Set List
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:51 pm 

San Diego, 27th of August - Copley Symphony Hall. Gorgeous building, much preferred to the outdoor venue of 2017 and 2014 for both the grandeur and sound system quality. The band is quality - it's always a thrill to see Chris Spedding play. Maybe placebo effect from reading this forum, but Bryan Ferry did seem more energized: dancing across the stage, and even had a few words beyond "It's great to be back in XYZ Town"

My highlights were his more seldom toured songs: The Space Between, Dance Away, and Boys and Girls (I prefer his 2011 Olympia Tour rendition to this one, however). I wouldn't advise that he perform "The 39 Steps" live again. We were deprived of an encore performance of Do the Strand - printed on the physical setlist but my assumption is venue cutoff constraints?

Tour program was gorgeous, but largely a carbon copy of the 2011 Olympia Tour and not autographed this time.

Still holding out hope that I'll hear him perform 2HB live someday (Roxy Music arrangement). Bryan still puts on a great show, I'll keep seeing him as long as he continues to tour.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:09 am 

So The Space Between was good? -That`s good!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:01 pm 

wockawocka wrote:

Still holding out hope that I'll hear him perform 2HB live someday (Roxy Music arrangement). Bryan still puts on a great show, I'll keep seeing him as long as he continues to tour.

Cher wockawocka,
Pleased you enjoyed the show.
Yes, 2HB is a magnificent song. It was part of Roxy’s ‘FYP’ set when they played Sydney in 2012. They even had a Casablanca style backdrop for the track - absolutely amazing !
Like you, W2 will be with him until the end. What an artist.
Salutations,
Windswept

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:03 pm 

Cher wockawocka!

Thanks for an excellent review. So nice to read something here on the forum that contains no negativity. You are a true fan.
I love Mamouna as a whole, could well be that 39 steps is the weakest track of the album in its monotonous structure. But i am pleased that he plays some odd songs anyway.
2019 has been a great BF year. Let's Ferry on!

Salutations à tous!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12