VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry 2019 Tour Set List
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:04 am 

Au secours!

S´il vous plaît, BF, keep F + B as opener; Heartache we can play at home, with or without the inflatable one!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:51 am 

There have been many posts on this most recent leg of the tour and I am worried Windswept has been so overcome by the changes to the set list he has made no mention regarding the sartorial splendour of The Maestro......a touch of the vapours perhaps? :)

Some excellent photographic evidence below which shows the new textured suit, shirt & tie. :shock:

https://www.cbimages.eu/album/bryan-fer ... moIVfgRkk4

8-)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:43 pm 

Cher Roxy & Oberon,
W2 is relieved that the Maestro has his sartorial mojo back (great pics) but is concerned about the set list.
India (tape) followed by F&B was a great opener.
EDHAH has been played to death. Equally the exit of PR, BEB & RW is most unwelcome.
We seem to be having a set list hiatus.
Hopefully things will settle down for TRAH.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:00 pm 

Agreed on Set List.
After only 2 shows we are quickly (nearly)back to the past several tours. My fear is by the time he gets to the NY shows I will be at, the set list will "the usual".
Well it was exciting for 2 dates !

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:45 pm 

cpl5938 wrote:
Agreed on Set List.
.....My fear is by the time he gets to the NY shows I will be at, the set list will "the usual".
Well it was exciting for 2 dates !

Fidel Ferryistas,
W2 shares cp15938’s concerns.
A return to Groundhog would be catastrophic.
Maybe news of a sound bordel shaped set list decisions.
Peut etre Smudge may have more news when he filed his customary report.
Meanwhile Windswept has is prayer mat out and is yet again praying to Penshaw Monument with F&B playing in the background!
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:16 am 

Nicht zu begriffen: No report from Frankfurt. No setlist. No Smudge report from Amsterdam.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 am 

le freak wrote:
Nicht zu begriffen: No report from Frankfurt. No setlist. No Smudge report from Amsterdam.

For all who don't have Facebook the set list from Frankfurt, le freak. It was posted by Tracy Connell including Bryan's autograph (wow 8-) !!). A review could be included in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ) tomorrow. I'll see what I can do. And Smudge is a very reliable member. I'm sure he is already working on his report ;) .

FRANKFURT set list:
01: In Every Dream Home A Heartache
02: Out Of The Blue
03: The Space Between
04: The 39 Steps
05: Slave To Love
06: Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
07: Oh Yeah!
08: Boys And Girls
09: Can't Let Go
10: My Only Love
11: Take A Chance With Me
12: To Turn You On
13: Tokyo Joe
14: If There Is Something
15: Dance Away
16: Love Is The Drug (short)
17: More Than This (short)
18: Avalon
19: A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
20: Jealous Guy
21: Let's Stick Together
22: Shame Shame Shame
23: Editions Of You

No Prairie Rose but did he ever play Shame Shame Shame during this tour?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:14 pm 

Thank you! My 2 cents regarding the setlist: He seems very unhappy with his delivery of Flesh and Blood. It seems that some of early Roxy suits his present voice better. I`m just thinking of the Out Of The Blue clip from Amsterdam. He seems to gain some extra strenght from the hard guitars... Running Wild is out. The 39 steps seems like a strange choice. Why? People will run for the toilet or buy beers...

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:17 pm 

le freak wrote:
Thank you! My 2 cents regarding the setlist: He seems very unhappy with his delivery of Flesh and Blood. It seems that some of early Roxy suits his present voice better. I`m just thinking of the Out Of The Blue clip from Amsterdam. He seems to gain some extra strenght from the hard guitars... Running Wild is out. The 39 steps seems like a strange choice. Why? People will run for the toilet or buy beers...

The 39 Steps ... Well, I just had to play it on my computer to know how it goes. It's one of those one/two-chord songs from Mamouna I tend to mix up with each other because they are written in a minor key without a refrain (similar to Which Way To Turn, Gemini Moon etc.) Definitely not his best choice :?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:11 pm 

pianoman wrote:
le freak wrote:

The 39 Steps ... Well, I just had to play it on my computer to know how it goes. It's one of those one/two-chord songs from Mamouna I tend to mix up with each other because they are written in a minor key without a refrain (similar to Which Way To Turn, Gemini Moon etc.) Definitely not his best choice :?

Mes Amis,
The last set list is now 50% the same as last year’s Apollo gig and jettesing F&B, RW, PR and BEB in favour of IEDHAH and SSS has W2 scratching his well coiffured head.
The running order also seems a little bizarre. IEDHAM as an opener?
That said, with regard to ‘The 39 Steps’, W2 would respectively suggest to Pianoman that this track is not made to be played on a computer. As with the rest of Mamouna, it is best listened to on vinyl, preferably in an opium den !
Windswept will continue to play to Penshaw.
Salutations a tous.
W2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next