VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Tour break
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:43 pm 

DCJ wrote:
Adding a second guitarist who has never played with BF before certainly opens up the possibility that the setlist will be revamped. Certainly many of The Hits will remain, but I now think it plausible that at least a few fresh tunes could be played at this summer's concerts. We'll see...

Cher DJC,
Let’s hope so.
Windswept has his prayer mat facing N.E. towards Newcastle and he prays to the Ferry Gods every day that there will be an all new set list for Europe.
Holland will be the acid test !
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:46 am 

With Bryan now added to the bill for Streisand's Hyde Park show, surely a duet on "Send in the Clowns" must now beckon??

The more festival type shows get added to the schedule the more I fear that the setlist may remain in Greatest Hits mode :( new guitarist or not. I fear that the Hyde Park crowd may not fully appreciate "Bitter Sweet".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:02 am 

True2Life wrote:
With Bryan now added to the bill for Streisand's Hyde Park show, surely a duet on "Send in the Clowns" must now beckon??

The more festival type shows get added to the schedule the more I fear that the setlist may remain in Greatest Hits mode :( new guitarist or not. I fear that the Hyde Park crowd may not fully appreciate "Bitter Sweet".

Cher True2Life,
You may well be correct but W2 needs to keep his motivation high.
He has never missed a Ferry or Roxy show but just can’t do the same set list for the third time.
It is just too ‘cookie cutter’ and completely out of step with all of those fabulous shows from previous years. W2 also detected a going thru’ the motions feel last year. It was only ‘The Spedster’ handling all of the guitar work single handed and Jorja’s fabulous solos that held his attention.
Frankly, next to everything else from this century: Roxy Reunion, Frantic, Dylanesque, Olympia, AEWBF, and even Avonmore - this tour was lacklustre.
BF was never a greatest hits type of guy. Like his albums, his shows were always highly creative. He has such a rich back catalogue, there is no reason for him to be stuck in this groove.
If he doesn’t want to promote the fabulous ‘Bittersweet ‘ with TBFO (a mistake in W2’s book - AEWBF was peerless and it suits his voice) then let’s at least have some songs from this century!
Holland will tell but if it’s the ‘same old scene’ again without the ‘same old scene’, for the first time ever W2 will very sadly be flogging his tickets and devoting himself to remembering the good times.
His prayer mat remains pointed towards the N.E
Salutations a tous,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:03 pm 

I'm a bit narked - W2 will understand that word - that Bryan has agreed to be a support artist to an overvalued drama queen.

I know she is admired by millions.....but haway.

Guess it's big money for him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:31 pm 

rendezvous wrote:
I'm a bit narked - W2 will understand that word - that Bryan has agreed to be a support artist to an overvalued drama queen.

I know she is admired by millions.....but haway.

Guess it's big money for him.

Cher rendezvous,

W2 shares your surprise but please remember, he did perform on Cilla Black and lived to tell the tale. Perhaps we all thought it was a joke and he was just displaying his sense of irony.

Certainly the thought of him reaching out to the blue rinse brigade at this stage of the game is a little bizarre. N’est ce pas ?

Windswept will continue to point his prayer mat in a North Eastely direction and chant ‘We Want Bitter-Sweet’ thrice daily. It’s all he can do at this point in history.

Salutations,

Windswept.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:10 am 

Windswept2 wrote:

Windswept will continue to point his prayer mat in a North Eastely direction and chant ‘We Want Bitter-Sweet’ thrice daily. It’s all he can do at this point in history.

Salutations,

Windswept.

W2, you could go one better than that. If you're attending the Royal Albert Hall why not wear a sandwich board with the slogan "We want Bitter-sweet" and pace the isles chanting! Just Imagine if the whole hall joined in.... It would make Queen's Radio GA GA at Live Aid look like a bleedin tea party!

Go for it. I dare you! :lol:

I love Bitter-Sweet, hope a tour announcement is on its way very soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:36 pm 

Helen wrote:
Windswept2 wrote:

Salutations,

Windswept.

W2, you could go one better than that. If you're attending the Royal Albert Hall why not wear a sandwich board with the slogan "We want Bitter-sweet" and pace the isles chanting! Just Imagine if the whole hall joined in.... It would make Queen's Radio GA GA at Live Aid look like a bleedin tea party!

Go for it. I dare you! :lol:

I love Bitter-Sweet, hope a tour announcement is on its way very soon.

Cher Helen,
What an absolutely brilliant idea -if only W2 had the chutzpah!
If W2 can get Anderson & Sheppard to bespoke him a suitable sandwich board he will give it due consideration.
In a previous missive, Windswept did suggest that we pass the hat around to pay for TBFO but your idea has more merit.
‘Bitter Sweet’ is such an amazing album - not to celebrate it with at least one live outing would be a travesty. Most, if not all of the musicians are U.K./ London based and TRAH would be the perfect venue n’est - ce pas ?
Windswept will continue to pray to ‘Penshaw Monument ‘.
Hope springs eternal.
Salutations,
W2