VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2011 Tour
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:16 pm 

Whats the chance of another Greatest Hits/Best of in time to coincide with the tour?
I didn't buy the 2001 release, so who would buy the another one?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:21 am 

It's also possible that he plans a tour later on, just to give the album a second 'boost'. People who come to see him perform and haven't got the cd/dvd yet, may buy it after the show?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:44 am 

It's a risky strategy. He didn't promote The Bride Stripped Bare with a tour. hardly any TV appearances, no big hit singles and it bombed. He didn't tour with Boys and Girls and that did really well, although there was a lot of TV exposure plus three hit singles. He was still touring a year after ATGB and Frantic were released. How many albums were shifted during that time ? Certainly not enough to get them back in the charts. Let's hope it works. It's his best CD for years.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:57 pm 

Olympia will be so difficult to recreate live I think he's best not to bother touring it. Whilst the album is better than I'd feared, in my view it's certainly nowhere near as good as Frantic. That album really was refreshing and produced two of his best ever solo tracks in "I thought" and "Hiroshima" (good enough to be Roxy numbers). There were only one or two fillers. On Olympia even the main promoted track (You Can Dance) is fairly nondescript. The Frantic tour show was excellent.

As others have said, I struggle to see how he's going make much money out of this album.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:00 pm 

I disagree. I think any song can be done live. In fact, a lot of Bryan's songs sound better live than in the studio. I've heard that he's already done a one-off show in London to promote Olympia. I assume that was for the record company executives , etc.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:37 pm 

As I have said under another heading on this Forum, having seen the performances on Jools I stand corrected about Bryan's ability to recreate Olympia live. I think he was great on Jools and sincerely hope he does tour the album at some point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:01 pm 

all the tour plan seems good ,

but i am not planning to go abroad !

cause this february world cup 2011 gonna held in my country !!!

so how could i go out side ???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:59 am 

Bryan shuns Roxy as far as possible, I think, but he has "promised to take them on a tour".

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:51 pm 

In Antwerp last Sunday he was asked about touring, and he said he would do some concerts later in spring, around May. Don' t know if it will be only in the UK or on the continent as well, but he will do some Olympia shows. Jiepieee!!! And I think the songs can be great live, no matter how much arrangements there are on the record. He did 'the Only face' live, once, and that was brilliant too!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:01 pm 

It seems unlikely to say the least that BF would embark on a solo tour in the UK so soon after the Roxy shows in the UK in February, particularly in supposed support of a commercially unsuccessful album. He toured "Bete Noire" in Europe and the UK in late 1988/early 1989, a full year after the release of another album that didn't exactly set the charts on fire, but apart from his Live Aid appearance those were his first live shows for 6 years and the first solo tour since the "end" of Roxy so interest was high. Much higher than it is likely to be hot on the heels of a Roxy arena tour with high ticket prices.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next