VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BF in Medimex di Foggia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:58 pm 

Here's an extended clip from the Medimex di Foggia concert. The band has a soft yet solid sound and Spedding has some very nice solos.

Listeners can make their own decision regarding the strength of the voice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aftmsk51YY4

Post subject: Re: BF in
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:59 pm 

DCJ wrote:
Here's an extended clip from the Medimex di Foggia concert. The band has a soft yet solid sound and Spedding has some very nice solos.

Listeners can make their own decision regarding the strength of the voice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aftmsk51YY4

Whoops. Sorry that the Topic heading got truncated...

Hipsters,
Windswept likes DJC’s description “soft yet solid” .
It pretty much sums things up.
This line-up is well bedded in and a concrete testimony to our hero’s capacity to choose, groom and work with the best.
W2 just hopes they stretch themselves with an all new set list for the European leg of this tour.
Salutations,
Windswept.

Post subject: Re: BF in Medimex di Foggia
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:09 pm 

I can’t even watch 3mins of stuff like this - it’s a nightmare....The thought of him thinking he can support Barbara Streisand is cringetastic .. unless she’s lost her voice as well ...

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:26 pm 

Gardner wrote:
I can’t even watch 3mins of stuff like this - it’s a nightmare....The thought of him thinking he can support Barbara Streisand is cringetastic .. unless she’s lost her voice as well ...

Mes Amis,
Windswept sometimes thinks the internet was invented pour les gens amicable comme le jardinier.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:58 pm 

Windswept2 wrote:
Gardner wrote:

Mes Amis,
Windswept sometimes thinks the internet was invented pour les gens amicable comme le jardinier.
Salutations,
W2

Monsieur WindyPops (deux)

Bien que nous puissions célébrer les souvenirs du passé - il est temps de concrétiser et d'accepter l'ici et maintenant - la vérité vous rendra libre .....

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:37 pm 

Please post in English so we all know what you are talking about. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:31 pm 

Here's how Google translated Gardner's latest post

"Although we can celebrate the memories of the past - it is time to concretize and accept the here and now - the truth will make you free"

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:37 pm 

Jerry Nunn wrote:
Please post in English so we all know what you are talking about. Thanks

Oops sorry !!! My mistake - I thought we were expected to throw some French into every post....

What I'm saying is that I love Roxy music and Bryan Ferry - (well , everything up to Avonmore) and I have ADORED most of the gigs I have seen in the past ... Roxy and Ferry BUT , over the last few years it is painful and cringeworthy for me to see my most beloved artist croak through his back catalogue - racing through every verse before his voice goes .... drowned out by the backing singers... He's so concerned with getting through the song that there's no emotion anymore.
It actually angers me now - Enough already - The folly that he believes he can still carry a song (and sell live albums) is akin to The Emperor's new clothes .

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:01 am 

Thanks. All makes sense and it is hard not to agree with you. I’ve liked or loved most things but the jazz stuff does my head in. I would not pay to see Bitter Sweet live, that’s for sure.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:35 pm 

Hipsters,
Windswept thinks Le jardinier should continue in French. He or she is actually more polite in the language of love.
That withstanding, this ‘voice’ debate is just boring and sniping about it is disingenuous.
Of course our hero’s voice is not as it once was. Neither is Dylan’s or indeed was Cohen’s or even Sinatra’s.
The ageing process takes its toll particularly for those that have had a long relationship with Virginia’s favourite crop.
Does that mean that they can no longer make great music - absolutely not. In fact many think Cohen’s last two albums amongst his best and certainly Dylan’s ‘Modern Times’ is as good as anything he did early in his career and for W2, ‘Bitter-Sweet’ is something of a masterpiece.
At the end of the day, these guys were never Opera singers, they are jazz and blues men and the changing of the timber of their voices simply adds a different frisson.
Thank God we still have BF and that he is still performing and Windswept looks forward to seeing him at TRAH with his new set list.
Salutations,
W2