VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans
 
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:27 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 95
That concert hall is a very different type of venue with the audience all around. I would assume that the sound is quite different for the band?
There must be speakers facing backwards for the audience behind.
I would think Ferry would feel a little vulnerable in this situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 1206
Tryptich wrote:
That concert hall is a very different type of venue with the audience all around. I would assume that the sound is quite different for the band?
There must be speakers facing backwards for the audience behind.
I would think Ferry would feel a little vulnerable in this situation.


Cher Tryptich,
There is a venue in London with a similar set up. You may know it, it’s called ‘The Roundhouse ‘. The sound is always terrible there !
Who thinks these designs up ?
Salutations,
W2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:12 pm
Posts: 718
To Berliner Morgenpost and Märkische Allgemeine Zeitung:

-Bah!

(He didn`t play Same Old Scene)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:25 pm
Posts: 399
Location: Kempten
Windswept2 wrote:
Who thinks these designs up ? W2


An architect and acoustician of international reputation, Windswept2, a Japanese called Toyoda (or so) as far as I know. The "Elbphilharmonie" was very expensive but I hope that I'll get to see it some day ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:25 pm
Posts: 399
Location: Kempten
le freak wrote:
To Berliner Morgenpost and Märkische Allgemeine Zeitung:

-Bah!

(He didn`t play Same Old Scene)


What did they write :evil:, le freak ??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:12 pm
Posts: 718
I read it in German without translating, but it seemed they wrote the usual stuff; der ewige dandy, ever the gentleman, transforming the venue to a nightclub (sic) (a nightclub now and a nightclub back then; I guess there are some difference), his harsh upbringing in the north of England, Remake Remodel - a surf song written in a place without a beach..., his waving in all directions when getting applause, as when the music to some of you might sound a little bit too nice and quiet, he berserks into songs like Love is the Drug, Let`s Stick Together and Editions of You...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 1206
pianoman wrote:
le freak wrote:
To Berliner Morgenpost and Märkische Allgemeine Zeitung:

-Bah!

(He didn`t play Same Old Scene)


What did they write :evil:, le freak ??


Mes Amis,

Does anybody know what is going on with this set list ?

It seems to be disintegrating before our eyes.

W2’s Penshaw prayers that looked so promising are clearly no longer working.

Everything of interest is just dropping out. If it keeps going like this, by the time they get to TRAH, we will just have ‘Love is The Drug’ (short version) -‘More Than This’ (short version) and the bus home !

Quel Bordel !

Salutations,

Windswept.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 pm
Posts: 908
I understand your concern WS2. It seems the only "new" songs left in the set are The Space Between, 39 Steps and Boys and Girls. Some other tunes haven't been played much in recent tours (e.g Dance Away, Can't Let Go) but they aren't exactly rare tracks in terms of live performances.

By my count he's got about 27 concerts scheduled between now and early Sept. Plenty of opportunities to slip in a few new tunes, but I doubt any thing radical will transform the set as now formulated.

I keep hoping for that RAH '74 Concert cd that was mentioned by BF a while back, but it seems to have been forgotten... Sigh...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:25 pm
Posts: 399
Location: Kempten
DCJ wrote:
It seems the only "new" songs left in the set are The Space Between, 39 Steps m and Boys and Girls. Some other tunes haven't been played much in recent tours (e.g Dance Away, Can't Let Go) but they aren't exactly rare tracks in terms of live performances.


Plus Tom Thumb, To Turn You On & Hard Rain and/or Shame, Shame, Shame. No Prairie Rose, no Running Wild, no Casanova, no Flesh + Blood. Could only imagine that the audience's response wasn't what they expected, DCJ.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Germany 2019
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 1206
pianoman wrote:
DCJ wrote:
It seems the only "new" songs left in the set are The Space Between, 39 Steps m and Boys and Girls. Some other tunes haven't been played much in recent tours (e.g Dance Away, Can't Let Go) but they aren't exactly rare tracks in terms of live performances.


Plus Tom Thumb, To Turn You On & Hard Rain and/or Shame, Shame, Shame. No Prairie Rose, no Running Wild, no Casanova, no Flesh + Blood. Could only imagine that the audience's response wasn't what they expected, DCJ.


Cher Pianoman,
W2 doesn’t think there is an issue with audience response.
Just look at the set lists for ‘Frantic’, ‘Dylanesque’, ‘Olympia’ and ‘AEWBF’ -all sell out tours that garnered standing ovations - and you will see that the more avant-garde sat happily alongside a smattering of hits in well constructed shows.
Honestly, there looks to be something else going on here.
Maybe he’s just overdone it and the enthusiasm is low ?
In the YouTube video of Amsterdam, the only one who looked remotely happy was Fonzi !
Salutations,
W2


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Custom style by Designlike based on Minimal by DEVPPL