VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Tour Set List
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:17 pm 

No Slave to Love in recent 2 shows. That`s great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:02 pm 

Greetings ! I feel rather shame faced as I haven’t posted here in a long while , which has been due to health issues, but I have been logging on from time to time . I just wanted to say how fantastic was the Leicester concert last night . The crowd were cheering and whooping from the off . I haven’t seen Bryan for two years and I was amazed by his voice . Strong and audible - great ! The band were tight and polished too . The set list was the same as Manchester and Newcastle, so the omission of ILHYLM was disappointing. However, it was wonderful to hear Just Like You and Hiroshima. I need to mention the truly emotional Make you feel my Love : Bryan was close to tears at the end and he had poured his heart and soul into it.

. Of course it was great that the event went ahead with the current crisis and Bryan was a stalwart in meeting fans afterwards( in his car as usual ) although he kept his distance and there was no shaking of hands this time, understandably .

For me this was an extremely nostalgic and emotional night . I grew up in Leicester and I saw Roxy Music for the first time at De Montfort Hall in 1974 ( Country Life tour ) even though I was a fan before that. As I haven’t lived in Leicester for many years this was the first visit to the venue since the 1970s and it took me right back “ when you were young “ . I felt I had come full circle.

Bryan was do good that I feel he has another tour left in him and would hope , like Windswept, that he could have an orchestral backing with strings and brass and play such classics as ATAP , Fingerpoppin’ , Sympathy for the Devil , Rock of Ages , etc etc .

To all of you going to the RAH tomorrow and Friday you are in for a treat ! Sorry for the lengthy post ( I have been saving it all up !! )

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:28 am 

Cher Prairie Rose,
So pleased you enjoyed the fandango.
W2 is with you in praying for a return of the orchestral or big band format.
That withstanding, even with the regretful exclusion of ILHYLM and TSOTT, this set list looks fantastic and Windswept’s excitement cup is running over in anticipation of this evening’s shenanigans!
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:35 am 

Lovely post prairie rose and hope your health issues are behind you. I grew up on Merseyside and first saw Roxy in Liverpool, 1975. Since then I moved about rather a lot but finally moved back in retirement to my home county where so many times I feel I've come 'full circle' too. I very much hope Bryan makes it back to Liverpool one more time - either the Empire where I saw Roxy or the Philharmonic - a classy venue for a class act. He is always guaranteed a terrific welcome here, as he got in Leicester.

I hope everyone enjoys the RAH this week. As BF said in social media recently, it's 'back to where it all started' (solo wise) in so many respects, so clearly he too has a feeling of coming circle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:57 pm 

Cher prairerose!

That was realy a nice review!

Far from nice is the situation we now face. Will there be a concert on Friday? One country after another is imposing bans on gatherings of more than 500 people. I hate to say it, but I think we have to be prepared for the worst.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:17 pm 

Oberon wrote:
Far from nice is the situation we now face. Will there be a concert on Friday? One country after another is imposing bans on gatherings of more than 500 people. I hate to say it, but I think we have to be prepared for the worst.

Cher Oberon, these are my thoughts and worries, too. In most German Federal States there is a ban on gatherings more than 1.000 people including concerts, football games, theatre performances etc. Absolutely reasonable IMHO (even if some concert organizers now only sell up to 999 tickets !!). But what becomes of the Bryan Ferry shows in summer? There is no indication that Corona will be over by then, on the contrary ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:35 pm 

Thank you UK Richard and Oberon ! I hope Bryan makes a return trip to Liverpool so that you, UK Richard, can revel in nostalgic memories !!

Thanks for the good wishes re my health . I seem to have made a habit of nasty falls in recent years : the first one was so bad in 2017 that I ended up having a hip replacement in the summer of 2018 which was great. However I fell off some staging after a concert ( not totally my fault ) a year ago this month and I seem to have a hip flexor injury. This is annoying as I am a percussionist/ drummer ( teacher by profession ) and I find playing the bass drum pedal for any length of time painful .

C'est la vie ! But at least there is still BF and this wonderful forum !

Have a great time tonight ( and the weather is nicer than Monday when it bucketed it down ).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:09 pm 

Sorry Windswept ! I didn't mean to leave you off my list of thanks . I really should proof read things .....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:56 pm 

prairie rose wrote:
Sorry Windswept ! I didn't mean to leave you off my list of thanks . I really should proof read things .....

Cher Praire Rose,
Merci beaucoup mais Windswept is such an egotist, he thought the whole thing was about him anyway !
Hope the discomfort eases.
Salutations W2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:00 pm 

Mes Amis,
Hier soir au RAH was a complete and utter triumph.
‘The Taste Tarantula was en plein forme and he sashayed his way through an absolute smorgasbord of a set list.
W2’s particular favourites included ‘The Thrill Of It All’, ‘Hiroshima’, ‘Limbo’ and ‘Your Painted Smile’ but the absolute highlight was a blistering rendition of ‘The Same Old Scene’. Great stuff.
The band were pitch perfect and Ferry certainly knows how to get the most out of them.
It was also nice to meet some renowned Roxologists at the bar.
All in all a fabulous evening. We are so lucky to have him.
Salutations,
W2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next