VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Free downloadable posters
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:04 pm 

When I saw BF at Gröna Lund amusement park (or tivoli) in Stockholm three years ago I brought home a couple of nice 50" x 70" posters advertising the gig. These were graphic images (like colour drawings) of BF, rather than photos, and were very reasonably priced (at somewhere between a fiver and a tenner, from memory).

When I saw a similar poster online for this year's gig (which I'd planned to attend), I was disappointed that they wouldn't be for sale at the venue. I therefore googled the artist and contacted him in the USA directly, but his conservative estimate for one poster, including shipping to the UK, was an eye watering $450! :shock:

It was therefore a pleasant surprise when the venue subsequently decided to put a large number of band images online and to make them available for downloading free of charge. :D If this link should take you to the full menu, just put BF's name in the search field:

http://bilder.gronalund.com/?fbclid=IwA ... 23652370_4

There's the graphic image and a nice photo and, if, like me, you're short on IT skills or a top notch printer, your local print shop might do the honours for you. I went to my local Snappy Snaps, who quoted me £8 per item in A4 size or £16 in A3; other sizes up to 50" x 70" are apparently available.

(*The hawk-eyed among you will notice that the 2020 graphic (for the gig rescheduled into 2021) bears the 15/6 date of the 2017 gig... ;) )

Post subject: Re: Free downloadable posters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 pm 

This similar one, which I love, is knocking about too.

Attachments:
_20200419_114159.JPG
_20200419_114159.JPG [ 84.81 KiB | Viewed 13978 times ]