VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: In Praise of "Let's Stick Together"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:44 pm 

Initially released in the UK as an Atlantic Records Import - my copy was co-funded by my mother at the time. I think it cost £2.50 in 1976 , and was handed on by me to my sister in the 90's when I acquired a CD version , thinking that vinyl was redundant. Ha !

And now , I recently purchased a used Atlantic Records copy , in lieu of the newly releases 180 gms. re-master.

Some of this may be rather dull narrative to many of you . Others , I feel will have similar stories of renewal. I've found this album all over again.

It's still a quirky album , none of it filler. The re-made Roxy Music tracks are incredible and would fill a whole side if the songs had been sequenced differently.

The ready made cover versions are treated in an original way with Ferry carrying most of the vocals, backed up by superb musicianship from the Thompson, Spedding ,Jobson and Chris Mercer. And all of the other brass , and the rest. Neil Hubbard makes an early appearance on this album.
Yes. The artwork is perfunctory but the music is not.
And why is the piano seat empty in the video image on the back cover?
Why do another version of Casanova so soon after Country Life? So many questions.

Whatever.

Play Loud