VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Where Is Our Hero ?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:00 pm 

BF was never one to "overshare " with his fan base, but it is noteworthy that the last communication was back in June (seven month ago!)

Oh well, either he's OK or he's not. I guess we'll be updated at some point.

Maybe he's hoping to go out on tour sometime this spring/summer and is trying to navigate the future impact of Covid on his plans. And he wants to keep mum until he's ready to officially announce his tour dates. Just a guess...

And then there is the issue of celebrating Roxy's 50th anniversary. Who knows what that might entail...
DCJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:09 pm 

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the seventies Ferry, reacquainting myself with my teenage years.
Such a wealth of material, and the one album that has really grown on me is Another Time, Another Place. It rocks in places, it has great sax in places, it has fabulous bass in places , and super backing vocals.
To my mature ears You are my Sunshine is not the aural labour of my youth , now it has soul, trumpet ( I think ) and real meaning.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:53 pm 

avalon_eyes wrote:
.......” the one album that has really grown on me is Another Time, Another Place. It rocks in places, it has great sax in places, it has fabulous bass in places , and super backing vocals.
To my mature ears You are my Sunshine is not the aural labour of my youth , now it has soul, trumpet ( I think ) and real meaning.”

Cher avalon_eyes,
Yet again you display consummate good taste.
ATAP is a brilliant showcase of our hero’s capacity to really make a song his own.
He chose great songs but he didn’t just cover them, he interpreted them - marvellous arrangements and great vocals.
As for the title track - wowser !
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:20 pm 

My 1999 Subaru Wagon had a cassette tape player and I listened to my tape of ATAP all the time while driving here there and everywhere.

Those were good times.

When it came time and I had to sell the car (it had over 203,000 miles and the transmission had reached the end of the line) the last song that I listened to before driving into the dealer's lot was ATAP.

Drive Down Any Highway indeed!!!!

But I must admit that there were more than a few times when I fast forwarded through YAMS. I didn't hate it, but sometimes it was just to slow and long... Mea Culpa
DC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:21 pm 

Still the same question after months and months…

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:51 pm 

jeanjean wrote:
Still the same question after months and months…

Cher jeanjean,
W2 shares your concern and has long been worried about our hero.
This prolonged silence is very uncharacteristic and even if he is musically silent, his normal social shenanigans should have seen him break cover long ago.
After this length of time, any news would be most welcome.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:53 am 

Reading this topic has got me thinking could it just be that our hero is just keeping low and protecting himself from covid?

Yes normally he would be out and about at social events but, being in his 70s, he maybe just feels that he’s going to limit himself as he would rather be good to go for events that matter.

I read an interview from Noel Gallagher at the end of last year who basically ridiculed him as he saw him wearing a mask in the street. I mean he is 76 for gods sake so maybe he feels safer being out and about in a mask rather than being confined to his home.

I’m in my late 30s so I go out and about to events without a second thought - probably if I was in my 70s I would think twice.

At the end of the day he is just a normal human being in his later years and would perhaps just want to make sure he can spend his time close to those he loves rather than risk going to social events and contracting the virus.

I don’t think this would stop him doing tours or anything but I think it will just make him more careful and prudent.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:34 am 

Bryan has always been obsessive about germs and used to joke about his Howard Hughes attitude and not wanting to use, for example, petrol pumps.

Given the fact he's stayed in a million hotel rooms, it's absurd, hotel rooms are Petri dishes.

Gallaghers's mono eyebrows collect enough germs, acid rain and nuclear fallout to negate the need for him wearing a mask.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:58 am 

rendezvous wrote:
Bryan has always been obsessive about germs and used to joke about his Howard Hughes attitude and not wanting to use, for example, petrol pumps.

Given the fact he's stayed in a million hotel rooms, it's absurd, hotel rooms are Petri dishes.

Gallaghers's mono eyebrows collect enough germs, acid rain and nuclear fallout to negate the need for him wearing a mask.

Mes Amis,
Hilarious and W2 just loves rendezvous’ observations about the lobotomised Gallaghers’ eyebrows.
In any event, Windswept is sure Bryan’s mask would have been bespoked for him at A&S !
Salutations,
Windswept.