VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Looking for Ferry and Roxy sheet music (I prefer guitar tab)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:09 pm 

Hi,

Looking for some guitar players...
I like to play guitar. (electric and acoustic) and I'm looking for Roxy and Ferry tabs. Sheet music is good also.
I really love My only love. I have the sheet music, but I can't really read notes. So if anyone has the guitar solo tabbed out, I would LOVE to have it.
The solo of jealous guy is also nice, found one on the internet, but it's not the right one...
I have some books with sheet music, but it's all with chords and notes. No tabs.

If anyone can help out, I would be thrilled. Anything is welcome.
You can contact me at frantic(at)live.be

(I got roxy music greatest hits, flesh and blood, boys and girls, and the ultimate collection)

Post subject: Re: Looking for Ferry and Roxy sheet music (I prefer guitar tab)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:29 am 

http://search.musicnotes.com/?q=Bryan%2 ... id=MN-1272

search the web dude! use these keywords: "Roxy Music, Bryan Ferry tabs" or various forms such as "Bryan Ferry tabs" - "Roxy Music tabs"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:23 am 

Well dude, I've already done that. And there isn't much on the web. The site you gave me is all notes and chords. No tabs. And you have to pay for each song. And they don't have the songs I'm looking for. Most of it is in the books I already have.

I have searched for hours and hours. If you finds tabs, they are often not correct and you always find the same songs over and over again and all different ways on how to play them and again often they don't sound good.

I'm also a fan of a lot of other artists...from bands like U2 it is very easy to find tabs of nearly every song. But Ferry isn't that popular...that's why I ask it over here as the internet doesn't provide much. Maybe there are some guitar players who have tabbed songs and can send a scan.

For instance try to find a tab or chords of "the only face".

And dude, I'm a girl. :lol:
But thanks for replying... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 pm 

I have the original Roxy Music Songbook which is chords and melody for the first 2 albums. also Street Life, Golden Hits, Ultimate, Greatest Hits, and Taxi in PVG format. also Avalon in a PDF file that is circulating on Pianofiles.com(a file sharing website).Not scanned very well though.
There are no strictly speaking guitar tabs out there. That is much more recent then Roxy and mostly limited to more popular groups or artist that are guitar based. I would love Flesh and Blood and would swap out any of these or other stuff if you're interested.
Bryan's music is mostly chord based and with a keyboard you can simulate most qualities of his sound. The guitar fills are another matter. Watching the DVDs helps there a lot. I tried to contact you
But the address came up a bit funky.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:30 am 

hey I've sent you a pm...thanks for replying on this post!