VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BF Sells Stake In Catalog To Iconic Artists Group
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:22 pm 

Not sure if this means much in terms of future releases etc but, nevertheless, a bit of activity in what has been a very quiet time.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/ ... sts-group/

Post subject: Re: BF Sells Stake In Catalog To Iconic Artists Group
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:47 pm 

Some of the quotes here are as intriguing as they are puzzling. For example:
“I’M PLEASED TO BE WORKING WITH EVERYONE AT ICONIC ON FINDING NEW WAYS TO SHARE MY MUSIC WITH THE WORLD. I’M EXCITED TO SEE WHAT POSSIBILITIES UNFOLD.”
....What "new ways" might these be (that haven't already been exhaustively mined)?

Or this one:
"Iconic is deeply honored to celebrate his enduring influence and share his legendary catalog with the world.”
How are they sharing with the world something that's out there being shared already?

I'm not being cynical - they're genuine questions - although I suspect this is just more 21st century corporate speak to express what Basil Fawlty would term "the bleeding obvious"!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:34 pm 

What puzzles me is that Iconic are said in this article to have purchased 50% of the performing and image rights of the Ferry and Roxy back catalogue. I thought most of the other artists mentioned, plus Bruce Springsteen who sold his back catalogue back to Sony for a huge sum, had sold it in its entirety. Presumably the other non-Iconic 50% remains with Bryan, but who owns Roxy's? Is it split between Bryan, Phil and Andy? I've no idea.

What happens if both sides disagree how to exploit the repertoire - 50% each means stalemate. I just hope it means a speeding-up of the deluxe releases of RM albums 2 to 8, but I'll believe it when it happens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:20 pm 

Mes Amis,
Heureusement, W2 can explain this.
Evidently our hero received a particularly onerous demand from Anderson & Sheppard.
He’d misunderstood their agreement and had thought that they would be paying him for wearing their suits when the reverse was true.
Being a man who always pays his bills, BF was not to be thwarted and met the demand by selling 50% plus one song to Iconic. The extra song was the sweetener. He threw in IYLSE gratui to seal the deal !
Salutations,
W2
Postscript : prayers to ‘The Penshaw Gods’ go unanswered. When will we fandango again ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:49 pm 

True2Life wrote:
What puzzles me is that Iconic are said in this article to have purchased 50% of the performing and image rights of the Ferry and Roxy back catalogue. I thought most of the other artists mentioned, plus Bruce Springsteen who sold his back catalogue back to Sony for a huge sum, had sold it in its entirety. Presumably the other non-Iconic 50% remains with Bryan, but who owns Roxy's? Is it split between Bryan, Phil and Andy? I've no idea.

What happens if both sides disagree how to exploit the repertoire - 50% each means stalemate. I just hope it means a speeding-up of the deluxe releases of RM albums 2 to 8, but I'll believe it when it happens.

Do a search for a company called Laminmoor, which BF owns 50% of with PM/AM owning 25% each. So the 50% would make sense if BF had sold his share of this company wrt Roxy, but then wouldn't account for his solo stuff.