VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Meeting Bryan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:55 am 

Hi folks, as you all know, Bryan is signing copies of Olympia during the Roxy tour. I've already got the album. Does anyone know if I can still meet the man or do you have to buy the album on the night?

Post subject: Re: Meeting Bryan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:21 pm 

If you follow the weblinks, Fozzy, I think you'll find that it's the first 100 purchasers of the deluxe Olympia (RRP £50) from each shop after 10th January who get to meet BF. That means you need to act fairly swiftly and you need to buy from the shop where you hope to meet him.

This mirrors the Selfridges process, although there the 100 winners were chosen in advance (from e-mail applications) and the purchases were completed on the night of the signing session.

On the plus side, although all the publicity says he'll only be signing the deluxe Olympia sets, he showed greater generosity at Selfridges and London's HMV store. Mind you, he might have a rethink if he knew how many "signed at HMV" items subsequently appeared on eBay... Good luck!

P.S. I'm temporarily part of BF's website; the still shot of the Youtube clip from Selfridges shows me waiting patiently in line! Not quite the 15 mins of fame promised by Warhol, but, hey, it's a start! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:40 pm 

Fozzy

If you're prepared to wait, you may be lucky. Bryan (and other members of Roxy) often sign autographs before or after a show. Get to the venue early and find out where the stage door is.

Good luck :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:20 pm 

Bryan normally turns up about an hour or 2 before he's due on stage. So hang around the stage door from about 7 ish and you should meet the Great Man. It's impossible at some venues like Wembley as the limos drive through security gates which only open to let them in and lock straight after !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:26 pm 

The soundcheck is a good time to get autographs/photo, usually around 4.30 to 5pm but be prepared to wait about longer.

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:35 pm 
Site Owner

Roxy wrote:
The soundcheck is a good time to get autographs/photo, usually around 4.30 to 5pm but be prepared to wait about longer.

8-)

If I remember right, Glasgow SECC's entrance is within the building and the band usually arrive in a bus that goes straight insde a large roller door that is then closed before they exit the bus.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm 

Thanks for the replies guys, I have met Bryan before (3 times actually) twice after the Brum gigs in 2001.First time got my programme signed and a pic.I met him again after the frantic gig, he signed my ticket which has been in a frame ever since. I'll have to give some thought to trying to get to the sound check. Can't wait for the 31st. My 17 year old daughter will be attending her first Roxy gig.
Thanks again for the replies.