VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bryan rocked on David Letterman! "You Can Dance"
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:43 am 

Flanked by 2 backing vocalists, Bryan looked and performed great! I enjoy seeing Bryan singing. He inspired me start a band.

The 2 scantily clad dancers were quite young for my taste, nevertheless, they could dance.

I loved it!

Thanks Bryan!

It was so good that Letterman stuttered after the song was done, and so did his music director! It was hilarious! :lol:

Watch here: http://www.prefixmag.com/media/bryan-fe ... deo/49271/

If you saw the show, let me know what you think!

Last edited by Erland on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bryan rocked on David Letterman! "You Can Dance"
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 am 

The line up appeared to include several faces from the recent Roxy gigs: Ollie (guitar), Jorja (keyboards), Jeremy (bass) & Tara (drums) plus the two dancers and two of the 3 backing vocalists.

BF seemed in good voice, but the song doesn't do much for me, especially after hearing so many Roxy classics performed live in the previous ten days...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:37 pm 

Smudge,

Sorry to hear the song doesn't do much for you. I'm a true fan, so I love everything Bryan does with his voice.

These days it seems, everyone wants perfection. It doesn't happen.

E

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:46 pm 

BF's voice sounded better on YCD than it did on Jools/Later last year. Ollie completely dominated the sound which wasn't such a bad thing. But BF's vocals were not very audible and if I hadn't been familiar with the song I doubt I would have had any idea what the lyrics were.

It offered a dramatic contrast to the songs from the Roxy tour that I have been listening on youtube over the past week. And. personally, I much prefer the 2011 Roxy sound to Olympia...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:31 pm 

It looks like Bryan is enjoying a "Letterman bump" for Olympia here today on the U.S. charts. Here's the Amazon movers and shakers raking - appropriate title I'd say ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:05 am 

BF and co. Rocked the hell out of that song! Letterman was a Jerk by commenting as he brushed by Mr. Ferry " good gig ". Insulting to the great BF (and me). Ferry anticipated Letterman to shake his hand first - Letterman left BF until the end -classless effin jerk! Sorry Bryan for the tasteless treatment! You are a King!!! Crunching guitars/drums!!! The backing singers were crazy cool! The girl on the left was unreal cool!!! strange moves-amazing!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:23 am 

Michael,

Indeed, Letterman's an a--hole. No class. Never did like him.

e

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:44 am 

However you feel about Letterman is your problem/issue. But be aware that Letterman frequently thanks members of a backing band before he reaches the featured performer/leader. He just starts thanking the first people he encounters as he enters the picture from off-screen. There was nothing special or unique about the way that he greeted BF after the performance.

Given the modest impact that Olympia has had in the USA, BF has no reason to complain about getting an opportunity to reach a large North American audience via Letterman. Earlier in the week Elton John was on the Letterman show and Elton is about 1,000 times more popular in the US than BF. BF should be thanking Letterman!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 pm 

Excellent performance. Good swagger level. Good dancers. Guitar mixed up nicely. Backing vocals good. Some nice ferryisms here and there in the phrasing. It's made be really start to like ycd