VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ferry Live album
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:47 pm 

There have been 3 Roxy live albums released but so far no Ferry live albums.Would people like to see such a beast and what tracks/tours would be of interest?

Post subject: Re: Ferry Live album
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:40 pm 

More than three, surely? Viva!, Concerto, The High Road, Heart Still Beating, and I'm sure there are a few I've missed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:52 pm 

3 official, viva, heart still beating and the live album from the 2001 tour, concerto or its other forms isn't an official album (at least I don't think it is)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:26 pm 
Site Owner

The difficulty for a BF live album is, what tour? Would there be the market for it?

I would love a sort of fan only CD from the BF.com website with rare live performances of songs like Just Like You, When She Walks In The Room, This Island Earth, Broken Wings, To Turn You On, Sign Of The Times, Woolly Bully, Ticket To Ride. There are more songs like that that BF has only performed a handful of times on different tours that could make an interesting live CD for fans.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:52 pm 

Yes,thats it exactly. I think that outside of his fanbase there wouldn't be a market for a Ferry live release but from a fan only point of view this would be great, to even have proper cleaned up live tracks from his solo tours rather than bootleg copies. We know he has recordings of live shows going back at least as far as the in your mind tour (Jim Lawn mentioned listening to the Sheffield gig from this tour when he worked for Ferry) and possibly even the '74 solo dates

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:13 pm 

Yes a live album would be interesting to us die-hards at least. I would certainly buy a live compilation of rarely performed tracks as suggested by J.O'B.

I seem to recall Bryan saying a while back that the recordings from '74 were given a rough mix by Chris Thomas at the time, just to clean them up and then put in storeage. Bryan was hopeful they would be made available one day, but saying that he was hopeful the film of the Wembley concerts from the Siren tour would also see the light of day! Worryingly, I recall Andy & Phil saying when they were sorting through various filmed peformances, putting together the recent Roxy DVD, that they didn't know what had happened to the Siren/Wembley tapes. Fingers crossed that they are all safely tucked away somewhere.