VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Tour Reviews
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:40 pm 

I sense we are all getting a bit frustrated with the tour content. I just wish Bryan would have spoken to us loyal followers a bit more since the ATGB tour, now that was a band worthy of Roxy and solo stuff and he obviously loved performing on that tour.

I'm pleased he's visiting fans that haven't seen him since I was a 30" waist....now 34" since you ask, so not too bad. So, let's calm down,

Having said that, there's nee way I would approach Bryan in public for a photo or autograph. Prats. I would just walk by and say "Alright Bryan, love you man!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:57 am 

rendezvous wrote:
I sense we are all getting a bit frustrated with the tour content. I just wish Bryan would have spoken to us loyal followers a bit more since the ATGB tour, now that was a band worthy of Roxy and solo stuff and he obviously loved performing on that tour.

I'm pleased he's visiting fans that haven't seen him since I was a 30" waist....now 34" since you ask, so not too bad. So, let's calm down,

Having said that, there's nee way I would approach Bryan in public for a photo or autograph. Prats. I would just walk by and say "Alright Bryan, love you man!"

Cher rendezvous,
Well done with your waist and yes, W2 is sure our hero would respond well to your greeting albeit, if you adjusted to “Alright Bryan , love you Bonny Lad” you may get an even warmer reception !
With regard to the set list, on Monday 26th March 2007,Windswept was lucky enough to get invited to the after party that followed the Paris show and Isaac Ferry explained how much persuasion it had taken to get his dad to drop ‘Avalon’ for the Dylanesque tour.
Clearly he takes these things seriously and what a marvellous and original show Dylanesque proved to be.
Forensic analysis of his set lists show that this ‘Groundhog’ phenomena is unique to the last three years and there maybe things behind it that we don’t understand but W2 is praying to the Ferry Gods for new ‘Songs For Europe’.
Hopefully we’ll have an all new show for TRAH.
Salutations,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:36 pm 

Just a few (probably unpopular) comments from me:

1 Uwe, like me, obviously has some understanding about how contracts are drawn up, what they can cover etc.

2 BF tours with his current band rather than RM because he gets a bigger share of the pot. I can't imagine that the current band musicians get paid very much. As this thread seems to be into name dropping a friend of a friend toured with BF for many years and I know what he got paid. Not part of the band now.

3 The time for BF to worry is when he is not recognised. He's never been friendly to fans anyway.

4 Phil, Andy, TGPT, Eno, Eddie Jobson have all moved on. Roxy Music are in the past. As BF himself said "nothing lasts for ever".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:42 am 

[quote="Roger"]Just a few (probably unpopular) comments from me:

Cher Roger,

W2 is sorry, your “friend of a friend” balderdash just doesn’t cut it and as for this gem:

“3 The time for BF to worry is when he is not recognised. He's never been friendly to fans anyway.”

What a load of rubbish. Many haunters of this hallowed cyber hall have met our musical hero on multiple occasions and key descriptors are; “Perfect gentlemen “, “Generous with his time”, “Highly amusing” “Very intelligent.”
etc.. etc...

Does he suffer fools gladly ? No ! And why on earth should he ?

You’ve clearly met somebody different .

Salutations,

Windswept.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:02 pm 

Windswept,

Thanks for your reply. The friend of a friend story is true (why would I lie?). As regards BF being friendly, the lead singer/guitarist of a band around in the 70s tells a different story on his forum.

Roger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:30 pm 

Quote:
the lead singer/guitarist of a band around in the 70s tells a different story on his forum.

...so you elevate one example of a fellow musician (ie not a fan) above the experience of countless others? I suspect many here have met BF and will not recognise what you claim, not to mention what must be thousands of others who don't participate in this forum. That's really balanced - I'll be sure to bear that in mind should you choose to share any similar insight in future.
Thanks so much.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:59 pm 

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure if the musician in question is a fan of BF, but he's certainly an admirer of PM, who he met when Roxy and his band crossed paths in an airport.

A lot of the comments on this forum remind me of Animal Farm when it comes to fans (some are more equal than others). Perhaps you and Roxy could define a "true" RM and BF fan ie one that wouldn't bother him at an airport or has the right to an opinion on this forum. Is it a person who has no life outside of all thing BF?

Interesting situation that BF has found himself in. RM was and is a much stronger brand than BF (Hall of Fame?), but he can't use the RM name with his current band. Using mainly RM material is a second best I guess :)

Roger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:53 pm 

Roger
Oh dear. I'm not calling into question the extent to which anyone is a 'fan' (however that might be defined), merely that it seems unreasonable - even in this age of social media - to attach such importance to the view of one person especially when that's the direct opposite of both my personal experience and others who've written here before.
Nor do I question your right to express your opinion - I merely point out it's hardly representative. But again, applying current standards, let's not let silly things like facts get in the way of a good story, eh? Opinion is, after all, the only thing people seem interested in these days.
Quote:
Is it a person who has no life outside of all thing BF?

Ha, least said the better, I think. #RaceToTheBottom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:57 am 

It's funny this Setlist thing.
I was lucky enough to be at the Cape Town show.
I was also dreading a lack of setlist change.
However I loved every minute of almost every song.
It was great.
Chris Spedding could do with an additional guitarist to fill in some gaps. Other than that I was a happy punter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:37 pm 

I`ve seen a couple of video clips from this tour lately. I`m sorry, but I have to be a bit philosophical about this. I`m surprised of this almost hysterical attention that BF gets from the audience. They`re yelling and shouting at every well known tonality heard from the stage, and in a good way, if you know what I mean. To a fan, these songs are oh so well known, but at the same time, they`re not sweet as candy, as many hit songs are. BF has fans in every corner of the globe, apearently, but they`re sleeping fans, who wake up every time he tours. -And Bryan never seems to get tired of this. Even at the end of a song like "Jealous Guy", he seems so relieved as it was a personal victory at the end of an athletic run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next