VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tour break
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:13 pm 

I guess that’s the Southern Hemisphere phase done.
Europe up next. Maybe after a month or so of rehearsals of new material - in your dreams or a reality.

Post subject: Re: Tour break
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:31 pm 

avalon_eyes wrote:
Europe up next. Maybe after a month or so of rehearsals of new material - in your dreams or a reality.

I do hope Bryan, Andy, Phil, Paul and Eddie are rehearsing for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame now - hope to see their last performance ever on YouTube or a DVD 8-) .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 am 

avalon_eyes wrote:

Hipsters,

avalon_eyes poses the question du jour.

Windswept prays to the Ferry Gods that they are rehearsing a new set list for Europe. Not to do so would be a risk as this would be the third consecutive year with the same show.

OK, the casual fan probably wouldn’t notice, they’d just go along with the ride, but any self respecting Ferryista is bound to feel cheated and the European music press would almost certainly pick up on it.

What’s more, it’s bad for the band. The same stuff night after night drains them.

W2 has only ever attended two ‘below par’ Ferry gigs and one of them was 2003’s Radio City reprisal of Roxy ‘01 Madison Gardens gig.

2001 had been an absolute triumph. One of the best Roxy shows ever. When they came back two years later with exactly the same set, the hall was a third empty and the band, including our hero looked bored out of their skulls. Not a good story.

Windswept waits with bated breath to see what happens in Holland before he decides what to do with his RAH tickets. Europe deserves a new show.

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 pm 

pianoman wrote:
Windswept waits with bated breath to see what happens in Holland before he decides what to do with his RAH tickets. Europe deserves a new show.

I wonder if, the Scottish festival apart, the fact that there is only the one UK show this year as things currently stand is a recognition that a full UK tour would not stand the same show yet again but one RAH show might. I am expecting to use my RAH ticket but would do so with greater enthusiasm if there was some indication that the set list might be revamped.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:01 pm 

True2Life wrote:

I wonder if, the Scottish festival apart, the fact that there is only the one UK show this year as things currently stand is a recognition that a full UK tour would not stand the same show yet again but one RAH show might. I am expecting to use my RAH ticket but would do so with greater enthusiasm if there was some indication that the set list might be revamped.

Cher True2Life,

You may well be correct but W2 also thinks that it might be third time around for the other European countries on the tour ?

In any event, we are desperately in need of a new set list and it is so out of character for him to be flogging a horse like this. Frantic, Dylanesque, Olympia, AEWBF & Avonmore all had great, distinctive and different selections. This is truly the first ‘Groundhog’

Pray to the Ferry Gods. Maybe they are in ‘Studio One’ getting it together as we speak ?

Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:31 am 

Methinks (optimistically) that BF is taking a breeak in order to re-convene re-model Roxy for a brief demonstration of their super powers at the R&RHOF on March 29.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:11 am 

I think this ends any lingering hope of a different set!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv1mOJLH7H8/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:37 am 

Graham Middleton wrote:
I think this ends any lingering hope of a different set!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv1mOJLH7H8/

Cher Graham,
Mais non ! If he is beefing up the guitar department something is definitely changing. The Spedster could handle the previous list no problem and the very fact they are having rehearsals means something is afoot.
There may be light at the end of the tunnel.
Salutations,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:57 pm 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv8ZNGWFrFD ... _copy_link

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:42 pm 

Adding a second guitarist who has never played with BF before certainly opens up the possibility that the setlist will be revamped. Certainly many of The Hits will remain, but I now think it plausible that at least a few fresh tunes could be played at this summer's concerts. We'll see...