VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: BF says Eno won't be at RRHOF ceremony
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:40 pm 

The radio station article I referenced above has been edited since its initial posting. The revised text now reports Eno won't be at the ceremony...

The fact that TGPT won't be at the ceremony is surprising. But I guess it reflects how seriously he takes his commitment to Lindisfarne (which has a gig in Cheltenham on March 29)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:19 pm 

Maybe he’s just over Roxy as well?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:12 pm 

Perhaps TGPT recognizes that the RRHOF as an institution is just another way for the music industry to hand out some metal ware and congratulate itself for... what?

Something strange happened last year between TGPT and BF when it was announced that TGPT would join the BF 2018 Tour and then a few days later it was announced that he wasn't going to be a part of the tour. Hmmm. What was that all about?

I think if there was to be a REAL Roxy Reunion Tour then TGPT would be a part of it. But BF appears intransigent that this will ever happen, so joining up with the band at the RRHOF to run through 3 or 4 songs doesn't hold a lot of allure, especially if it means skipping out on a Lindesfarne gig.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:24 pm 

A quote direct from Paul on the RARHOF situation......

"Just to let you all know, there was no band politics involved in my decision not to go. They all wanted me there, but let's just say it was impractical.
I will still be inducted and get my trophy (I hope)!"

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:09 pm 

Ever the gentlemen, TGPT allows only that it is impractical for him to make the trip to NYC...

I got to thinking about the notion of "band politics" in re to Roxy and it seems to me that there aren't many bands in which "band politics" have been more a part of their history...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:25 am 

@DCJ

Where and when was it announced that TGPT will accompany Bryan on his 2018 tour? I had not read it then.
Maybe it was about the money ???

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:11 am 

Well Eno and Paul won't be there as expected, unfortunately.

But do we know who is playing bass and who will be on drums?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:19 pm 

I think the probability is that it will be Ferry's current touring band with MacKay,Manzanera and Jobson bolted on as has been the case since Roxy/Ferry tours from 2001 onwards.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:03 pm 

DCJ wrote:
If EJ participates in a Roxy Reunion Performance, then don't they have to play Out of the Blue?

His violin solo on OOTB is unquestionably an iconic component of the Roxy Legacy!

I'm a big fan of Eddie Jobson inside and outside of Roxy. However, his violin solos tended to be included at the expense of Phil. OOTB was written by Phil and was intended to have a guitar solo at the end. In facy Roxy played it like this on the Manifesto tour. Strictly Confidential live was another track like this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:10 pm 

But do we know who is playing bass and who will be on drums?

Rehearsal photos on Facebook confirm Neil Jason (Sal Maida would have got my vote...) & Luke Bullen; Chris Spedding also pictured.

I hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't shock me if Jorja and the backing vocalists emerge from the wings too... For such a short appearance surely Phil, Andy & Eddie (not yet pictured, but fingers crossed that he'll be on stage) could have covered the guitar, sax & keyboard roles more than adequately?

I hope the presence of a chunk of BF's current touring band doesn't draw the short setlist towards songs like Avalon and Jealous Guy. The list of eight Roxy inductees show how crucial the '72-'76 era was to the band's popularity, so I'm hoping for three or four from Virginia Plain, If There Is Something, Do The Strand, Out Of The Blue & Love Is The Drug.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next