VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction - Friday 29th March 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:37 am 

Uwe wrote:
Then please bring the recordings to an end and make an album out of it. And if Bryan does not feel like it, then maybe look for another singer. The fans have a right to hear what was produced at the time.

Completely agree, but then, they couldn't do that as Roxy Music, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:05 pm 

jeanjean wrote:
Uwe wrote:
Then please bring the recordings to an end and make an album out of it. And if Bryan does not feel like it, then maybe look for another singer. The fans have a right to hear what was produced at the time.

Completely agree, but then, they couldn't do that as Roxy Music, I guess.

What's in a name? I bet we fans could come up with untold band names that they could use and everybody would recognise just from the lyrics alone!

Who will start us off?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:36 pm 

Roxy wrote:
For members here who are not on Facebook several photos of rehearsals have been posted and the details on who is appearing with Bryan, Andy & Phil on the evening are:-

Chris Spedding
Eddie Jobson
Neil Jason
Luke Bullen
Jorja Renn
Richard Cardwell
Fonzie Thronton & unidentified female BV.

8-)

I've read with interest the debate about the band and the use of members of the Ferry band.

First I am a die hard Roxy fan and not a fab fan of Ferry.

Eno and his environmental thing - if he really wanted to go he would find a way.

TGPT - would have played but is obviously in a lot of pain if he decided not to go. That's the real shame of the whole thing IMHO.

Roxy needs a band and have put one together for this one off gig. Phil and Andy haven't played Roxy songs in a fuil band in this setting for a while but I have no doubt they will be fantastic.

Eddie hasn't played with Roxy since 76 but is rightly being inducted.

Both Phil and Andy are generous towards Chris Spedding and Jorja and are totally at ease having the additional support. Having two saxes allows Andy's recorded playing to come to life much more on the stage than in the old days.

As for Ferry he needs at least two backing singers to carry it off.

I am delighted that they have been inducted and that they are performing and I am sure they will be brilliant and show the US what it has been missing.

Viva Roxy Music - the best band on the planet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:58 pm 

There's been quite a bit of negativity on here - some of which I can understand. I'm just happy at the band being inducted while the main members are all still alive, and not many years down the line.

I wonder whether Eddie will play the whole mini-set. His keyboard is situated one end. I'm guessing he won't perform on say 'Avalon' if one of the selections. The fact his violin is on view on stage in rehearsal pics at the venue, hopefully mean we'll hear 'Out of the Blue'.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:16 pm 

So ...a Great Night is coming..!! I hope that it will be not an end.. but the starting point for a Roxy music worlwide farewell last tour!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:25 pm 

I know it's unlikely but would it not be great if they got together just to play a handful of dates in the UK - even if it was only a couple of Glasgow dates and then some of the major English cities.

This R&RHOF induction is great but it would just be fitting if they celebrated it with their home country too.

Unlikely I know but sometimes you just hope there's a spark tonight that will ignite that flame again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:41 pm 

Richard wrote:
Roxy wrote:
For members here who are not on Facebook several photos of rehearsals have been posted and the details on who is appearing with Bryan, Andy & Phil on the evening are:-

Chris Spedding
Eddie Jobson
Neil Jason
Luke Bullen
Jorja Renn
Richard Cardwell
Fonzie Thronton & unidentified female BV.

8-)

I've read with interest the debate about the band and the use of members of the Ferry band.

First I am a die hard Roxy fan and not a fab fan of Ferry.

Eno and his environmental thing - if he really wanted to go he would find a way.

TGPT - would have played but is obviously in a lot of pain if he decided not to go. That's the real shame of the whole thing IMHO.

Roxy needs a band and have put one together for this one off gig. Phil and Andy haven't played Roxy songs in a fuil band in this setting for a while but I have no doubt they will be fantastic.

Eddie hasn't played with Roxy since 76 but is rightly being inducted.

Both Phil and Andy are generous towards Chris Spedding and Jorja and are totally at ease having the additional support. Having two saxes allows Andy's recorded playing to come to life much more on the stage than in the old days.

As for Ferry he needs at least two backing singers to carry it off.

I am delighted that they have been inducted and that they are performing and I am sure they will be brilliant and show the US what it has been missing.

Viva Roxy Music - the best band on the planet

I agree 100%, especially regarding Paul Thompson.

8-)