VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rewind Perth
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:13 pm 

Was anyone on here there? Was the set list the same as BST?

Post subject: Re: Rewind Perth
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:18 am 
Site Owner

I was there Jerry it was the BST set list plus Editions Of You at the end.

I thought BF sounded strong and the crowd around me were loving it especially the hits.

He was smiling from the first song and seemed to be enjoying it.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:12 pm 

it was the BST set list plus Editions Of You at the end.

In that case I think Avalon has been omitted from the set list in the VRM tour page. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:02 pm 

Now that my waterlogged brain has kicked back into gear I have to say that our man Bryan was on brilliant form at the Rewind Festival on Sunday and put on a great performance as did the rest of the musicians on stage. :)

The fine, wet Perthshire air must have given him a wee something extra as he was in a very playful mood from the moment he stepped out on to the stage. He played an almost perfect 75 minute festival set list with only 2 or 3 of the older album tracks perhaps wafting over the heads of the "Festival Fans" who were maybe not only there for Ferry as we were. You can tell when there seems to be no one else around you doing the "double clap" in the appropriate place during Out of the Blue. Those album tracks are probably what I enjoyed the most.....Out of the Blue, If There is Something and Can't Let Go. It was the same set list as the recent Hyde Park show but we were rewarded with an extra......Editions of You which was great. Not my preferred set list but the the correct set for a Festival and the pleasure was seeing Bryan enjoy himself so much on stage. He smiled, laughed, wiggled and shimmied all night. The show just flew by and it was no time till it was over. A sign that he paced it well and it all flowed nicely. I think I might have even enjoyed Jealous Guy....... :lol:

Pity the rain was p..p..persistently steady and quite heavy through his performance which was the forecast which was accurate for a change. We spent most of the day ducking and diving trying to keep dry as the showers went off and on then just stayed on with various degrees of wetness! ☔️ We were soaked by the end of the night but it was worth it. I danced myself into a wee trench as it was so muddy at the main stage. Didn't get as many photos as usual as I didn't have my waterproof camera with me ;) so I tried to quickly get a shot then would have to dry off my camera before trying another and no video as I think that would have been a step to far for my camera to deal with water wise and video in a festival crowd is usually pretty poor with too much chatter on the audio.

I hope Bryan continues to entertain the Roxy/Ferry troops when he crosses the pond for the final leg of this 2019 tour in North America and members here attending any of the dates have a really good time. :) By the end of this tour he will be a whisker away from his 74th Birthday and it was good to see him enjoying his time on stage.

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:22 am 

Thank you, Roxy, for your nicely written and informative review. Sorry for you because of all the water that came from above. Reminds me of 3 concerts when I was completely flooded (2 x G. Verdi in Verona, 1 x Toto in a Bavarian monastery).

Really good to read such a positive report during these dry days (weather + VRM site :lol: ). And: The double clap identifies us as hard core Ferryistas :D .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 am 

-hmm, the double clap; a rare species my sideman would have thought...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:34 pm 

Cher Roxy,

W2 wonders if you were at TRAH or have had a chance to hear the new arrangements of ‘Boys & Girls’ and ‘The 39 Steps’ ?

Windswept finds them quite spectacular and thinks the Spedding / Vanstiphout guitar partnership is amazing.

Salutations,

Windswept

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:38 am 

Thanks Pianoman!

I have had a busy few weeks Windswept with trips to see Bryan at the RAH, TGPT at Inchyra Arts Club with Lindisfarne and then Scone Place to see Bryan again.

"The 39 Steps" is not high on my list of favourite BF solo tracks, even with the improved arrangement but I really enjoyed the new version of "Boys and Girls". I thought the new guy Tom seemed to fit in really well with the band. :)

8-)