VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shows in Germany
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:09 pm 

Due to the Corona Virus, major events in Germany are prohibited until August 31, 2020. So there will be no concerts as originally planned.

Sad but true.

Post subject: Re: Shows in Germany
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:39 pm 

Of course, it is sad that we won't have Bryan Ferry shows in Germany. On the other hand we wouldn't have attended Bryan's show anyway due to my age (60) and Mrs. Pianoman's (50) because it is too dangerous - even in July. Let's see if we will get back vouchers for our tickets. And maybe Bryan's neverending wanderlust will get him back next year for a show in Southern Germany ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:21 am 

pianoman wrote:
Of course, it is sad that we won't have Bryan Ferry shows in Germany. On the other hand we wouldn't have attended Bryan's show anyway due to my age (60) and Mrs. Pianoman's (50) because it is too dangerous - even in July. Let's see if we will get back vouchers for our tickets. And maybe Bryan's neverending wanderlust will get him back next year for a show in Southern Germany ...

Cher Pianoman,
You are both enjoying the full flush of youth - sally forth !
W2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:14 am 

Pianoman, these times must require all the humility you can muster... To my knowledge you didn`t watch Bryan last year, so this year would be "important", but now you have to wait until next year... -And Lonely dreamer, well, -haven`t heard from her for a long time. She seems to have lost interest...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:59 am 

le freak wrote:
Pianoman, these times must require all the humility you can muster... To my knowledge you didn`t watch Bryan last year, so this year would be "important", but now you have to wait until next year... -And Lonely dreamer, well, -haven`t heard from her for a long time. She seems to have lost interest...

You have a pretty good memory, le freak ;). Our last show was indeed in 2018 and I enjoyed the tight, well arranged rock sound of BF's band. This year we were especially looking forward to the new setlist. For the time being there is no official cancellation for Salem (near Lake Constance).

Festivals and big events (e.g. Olympic stadium Munich) cannot take place but the regional governments still don't mention any precise figures up to which number of participants a concert will be allowed. A very difficult decision for our politicians, by the way ... But if the BF show takes place as planned in July I don't know if we go there because it's simply impossible to keep a sufficient distance to fellow concert viewers.

Hilsener til Norge 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:03 pm 

Takk for det.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:50 am 

Yesterday I read on Facebook that according to Swedish media Bryan has postponed his European tour. Sad, but that's what I had expected on behalf of the Corona virus. Until now I couldn't find a confirmation of this on BF site or any other source. John, do you have more information? Thank you in advance and stay healthy, - Peter -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:46 pm 

Sad, but not unexpected. Was hoping for Fredrikstad this summer after we just missed RAH.
Maybe next year..?

https://www.kristianstadsbladet.se/kult ... konserter/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:09 pm 

Haven't seen any official confirmation yet, but I think we all expect the whole European tour to bite the dust.

I'm sure I saw new May/June 2021 dates on social media for some of the Scandinavian shows, so official confirmation should follow soon, I guess.

The good news is that BF is fit and well and still keen to tour next year. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:18 am 

Uwe2 wrote:
Was hoping for Fredrikstad this summer after we just missed RAH. Maybe next year..?
Sorry for you, Uwe2. Now Corona has hit you twice - but you never know what it was for that you missed it. Maybe next year in Germany ;) ? Stay healthy, -p-