VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wonder what he’s up to?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:24 am 

Do we think BF is just chilling out and walking the dog down in Sussex, or being inspired by the quiet and dark afternoons to rustle up some melancholy tunes for our delight?

Post subject: Re: Wonder what he’s up to?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:09 pm 

It would be nice to think something will come of this downtime, given the much-vaunted work ethic. I'd have thought it would focus the creative mind. On the other hand, after endless touring and at 75 years of age, maybe it affords an unforeseen but well-earned rest?
As with everything in BF/RM circles, only a good deal more time will tell!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:18 pm 

VivaVoce wrote:
Do we think BF is just chilling out and walking the dog down in Sussex, or being inspired by the quiet and dark afternoons to rustle up some melancholy tunes for our delight?

Mes Amis,
W2 hopes that our hero is well ensconced in his country pile and that the Autumn leaves have inspired him.
Maybe as well as the long overdue biography, he is working on a new album of ready mades. Hopefully he will be including his interpretation of Nick Cave’s ‘Palaces of Montezuma’ and Richard Thompson’s ‘For Shame Of Doing Wrong’. Two absolute gems that W2 would love to see sprinkled with Ferry dust.
Are there any other chansons Ferryistas would like to see our hero cover ?
Salutations,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:54 pm 

Bryan’s a singularly enigmatic chap, almost a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. I wonder how conscious has been the choice not to let light in upon magic? Is it a calculation that preserving the mystique keeps people interested, or just that I’m off duty now so I’ll keep myself to myself?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:48 pm 

I saw this while searching the internet for news of the main man. Quite a good story:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... e-caf.html

Apologies for my absence from these hallowed halls: various family members who are shielding have taken up a lot of my free time. I've been enjoying the posts particularly the favourite songs on each album. One day I will mount a much needed spirited defence of 'Manifesto' and why it is such a great song.
Best wishes to all

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:08 pm 

VivaVoce wrote:
Bryan’s a singularly enigmatic chap, almost a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. I wonder how conscious has been the choice not to let light in upon magic? Is it a calculation that preserving the mystique keeps people interested, or just that I’m off duty now so I’ll keep myself to myself?

Hipsters,
Windswept finds this a more than interesting observation.
Creatives thrive in different ways.
Some can only work in a state of confusion and disorganisation whilst others have to have everything around them organised and have a high level of stability in their lives to be able to perform.
In W2’s opinion, our hero falls firmly into the latter category.
He displays the characteristic of ‘The Organised’ creative in a multiplicity of different ways.
From the big things, like the way he cherishes his roots, the importance he places on his family, his work ethic and the continuity of his locations ( homes and studio). To the more visible things like his personal appearance, the way he decorates his homes to his love of the Morris Minor.
As an ‘Organised Creative’ he will be highly protective of his environment and private life. He certainly won’t welcome off duty intrusion or anything that destabilises things.
Windswept’s bet would be that he is spending lockdown in his Sussex pile, surrounded by his family and probably plotting his next move. He will certainly be missing touring and will doubtless be concerned that life on the road may never be the same again.
That said, as the pending new live album shows, the work ethic is alive and well.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:12 pm 

There is no mystique in being absent. Bryan is eager to do a rock album now, after all the jazz, but of course, not "rock" just to strike a pose. He`s silent, oh yes, of course. Everything else would be stupid. The days of doing ads for watches and clothes are gone, so silent, yes, definitely. These words are written without bothering `bout verification, but taken from the top of my head, as words between friends. Take it with as many pinches of salt as you wish.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:45 am 

Would Ferry ever record a McCartney 3-type all-solo album in these isolated times, I wonder? He seems an artist who needs and thrives on the input of others, so I suspect not. I do wonder though whether he might ever consider an all-solo instrumental album of original melodies (keyboards based, mainly), as his struggles with finishing lyrics are well-known and it would avoid any criticism of the ageing Ferry larynx. A niche product, for sure, but possibly of interest to many of us on here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:38 am 

VivaVoce wrote:

Only the tunes mind, because as the Roxy members know all to well, he can't write lyrics any more! ;)