VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Royal Albert Hall CD
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:43 am 

Now available on Amazon @£80.
I think someone misjudged the market for this.
It’s a great record , but did they think punters were going to splash out £120 for the add ons.? Maybe for those who were present on the night.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:01 am 

avalon_eyes wrote:
Now available on Amazon @£80.
I think someone misjudged the market for this.
It’s a great record , but did they think punters were going to splash out £120 for the add ons.? Maybe for those who were present on the night.

Cher avalon_eyes,

W2 was there on the night but violently agrees with you. He bought the CD and booklet, transferred the music do his didgeridoos and is as happy as a pig in the proverbial.

The album itself is a superb live rendering and that youthful Ferry voice brings back a thousand tingling memories but, to splash out a delirious amount of wonga - even when wonga is not particularly the issue - on an item that doesn’t bring anything dramatically new to the party just doesn’t add up.

As an aside, March’s magnificent RAH gig was the first time that W2 did not buy a programme as it was just a composite of previous editions. There have been magnificent original mementos at previous shows and Windswept would prefer to cherish them. The ATGB tour book is his absolute favourite.

Salutations a tous et bon continuation !

W2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:10 pm 

If anyone somehow missed the regular CD issue of the 1974 show, it's in HMV's winter sale for only £5.99.

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/cd/li ... -hall-1974

I think you have to spend £20 to qualify for free postage, but with a bit of effort you'll find something else, I'm sure; Yellow Cocktail Music by the BFO for £6.99, for example... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:57 pm 

The 1974 boxed set, which was briefly offered for £60 and then for £80, has been temporarily further reduced in price (original RRP was £120) to £50.

https://store.bryanferry.com/cart/product.php?id=58055

My email notification from BF's official site states that the sale price will end at 23.59 this Sunday 17th.

Maybe this is the Xmas gift that you haven't yet bought for yourself? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:47 pm 

Thanks to Smudge for the nod on this.
After a year from the initial release , and my vinyl copy still going strong, I bought the on offer CD for £5,99. Bargain . It arrived yesterday. Great set of photos with it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:18 pm 

This live performance just grows and grows on me .
Nostalgia for the albums and great to hear Ferry’s contemporaneous live vocals. And the players, with Manzanera, Thompson, Jobson, Porter , Wetton, leading the Ford orchestra. Amazing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9